What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buickspec6231

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Whadaya use that trailer for? That's alot of real estate between the tongue and the axles fer such a short tail. Bet it never sways.

Yeah, I suppose I should have clarified. My square tows the trailer. Hopefully it doesn't ever need to ride the trailer.

I use it for anything I need a trailer for. It's for personal use, not anything commercial. I've moved a few cars, picked up a couple tractors, and hauled construction materials and landscaping debris. It has worked out good so far. There is enough room in front of the wheels for a forklift to load a pallet or the the tail is short enough for the forklift to load from the back. When I picked up a co-worker's truck and plow, we dragged it up backwards to help keep the weight over the trailer wheels and not the tongue.
I bet it backs up good too.

It does track pretty straight. I like to think I am better than average when backing a trailer, but the long length from ball to axles sure does help.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Currently working on wiring

good idea with the checklist on the windshield....I did the same during my swap. Helped keep my mind straight and positive lol.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Fuel lines, brake lines and rear springs in, everything all new
Looks great! You bend lines or order them?

HOTFOOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc k3500 srw
Engine Size
Looks great! You bend lines or order them?
Ordered all the lines from Inline tube for a 3/4 ton sense no one makes lines for a 1 ton, front brake lines same, rear line to the flex line was longer by 18” so I cut it shorter and bent it down to the bracket and reflared the end. Rear axle not even close and they listed 1 ton so I got some line and bent up the rear axle. only miner difference in fuel lines at the front mine had molded rubber hose and stopped at the fuel pump new ones have a 180 deg. Loop

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

Fixed the black eye on the square
(missing headlight bucket retainer ring , found a nice OE one) @bucket i saw decent brands online but i just used a 77 k25 ring. i was gonna use a 75 grand am but this one was already off the vehicle

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Got out there and started the distributor swap. Tdc tool came in yesterday.

So I unplugged the power to the distributor and pulled #1 plug and used the tissue trick and bumped it over until it blew it out. It blew it out 2 times and landed on the header both times. So I looked at the timing mark and it wasn't even visible. So I stuck it in a third time and cranked it just a bit.

When I went to look it was gone. At first I thought it got sucked into the cylinder. Oh **** I'm ****** now. A little more looking and it blew it out and onto the driveway. Lol

So I looked at the mark and it looks close now. I'm guessing that this is the 0 degrees mark. I polished it but can't see the numbers on timing tab.

Pulled the cap and its pointing to #1. So i screwed the tdc tool in.

Seems to be going just as planned but, will have to stop today. I slightly pulled my back and don't wanna push it today and hurt myself. Will get back at it later this week.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Really? It's a tissue. Guy who works for me saw an Olds diesel ingest a down vest and spit burning feathers out the exhaust. Point your Bernz-O-Matic into the plug hole of you're really worried.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Well, this weekend was spent stripping the roof....again....to fix the surface rust. I did this job a year and a half ago and used Eastwood Rust Encapaulater. Needless to say it yield crappy results and didn’t do anything to stop or prevent rust. So this time is used a product from TGP called Rust Barrier and some 2k primer. Hopefully this is the spring board to starting body work in preparation for painting the truck summer of 2021. Next I’ll hit put the door one by one, then the bed and move on to the clip swap and preparing that for paint as I do that swap. I predict all this will take ever bit of 6-8 months with everything else going on lol

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Yeah, I suppose I should have clarified. My square tows the trailer. Hopefully it doesn't ever need to ride the trailer.

I use it for anything I need a trailer for. It's for personal use, not anything commercial. I've moved a few cars, picked up a couple tractors, and hauled construction materials and landscaping debris. It has worked out good so far. There is enough room in front of the wheels for a forklift to load a pallet or the the tail is short enough for the forklift to load from the back. When I picked up a co-worker's truck and plow, we dragged it up backwards to help keep the weight over the trailer wheels and not the tongue.

It does track pretty straight. I like to think I am better than average when backing a trailer, but the long length from ball to axles sure does help.
my square body bed trailer is long and it sure does make me feel like i can back a trailer like a pro. Im definitely not, but it sure looks like it!

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
I got my trusty and, VERY rusty plow truck ready and checked over for winter. Spent most of the time vacuuming mouse crap and nests. They filled the evaporator housing from both sides friggin stinks! It’s an ‘86 with an edelbrock carb, 700r4 and an 8’ fisher plow. All I’ve ever had are jimmys or blazers and I love them. Plenty of weight but very short for great maneuverability. Don’t know how many more seasons I’ll get out of the old girl. It’s got plenty of custom weight reduction already, the oil pan is rotted and just starting to weep oil, front axle u-joints are dry and stiff. I’m not going to try and fight the rust and try to repair those things. Hoping one of you guys down south has a nice rust free truck for me.

Ben

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Nice!
K5s make the best plow rigs for residential work.
Brings back some memories, but I think my '80 Blazer was already that rusted out in 1991! Tailgate fell off one day, broke the window. 2 pieces of angle iron and a sheet of plexiglass fixed that. Took 4 old license plates to keep my feet dry on the drivers side floorboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512