What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
At rehearsal the DJ said towards the end "everyone remember to bring the bride and groom presents"

I said "I like 73-87 squarebody chevys, just sayin"
Still need 73 nose parts? I can wedding gift it to you...

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I do, there's other people I left waiting like schmucks for the 73-74 parts because finances suddenly dried up for thr wedding,
Im still kinda in the same boat, ive got parts to get to others that i havent been able too.

gmbellew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
glen
Truck Year
Truck Model
suburban 1500
Engine Size
rolling up this years additions:

scored some NOS dash switches for the rear window and rear defrost and a "in better" shape rear AC switch.

added an auxillary fan to help the AC cool at idle (that is also the switch under the rear air).

sanden swap for the compressor because just the fan wasn't cutting it.

fixed the blend doors to get air moving where it should be for the different settings on the hvac.

added a rear view camera, temp, compass mirror.

fixed whatever broke that was 30yrs old.

and washed and waxed her today to prep for winter. I'll get Krown treatment later this month to complete winter prep.

You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Washed and waxed the 4RUNNER as a warm up :eek: then washed Goldies upper flanks and waxed the roof and hood.

Maybe I will get the middle tomorrow, maybe not.

A lot of sheet metal.

Kick ass weather for it, though - mid 80s and not crazy humidity.

Arms and shoulders are sore, though.

;)

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
rolling up this years additions:

scored some NOS dash switches for the rear window and rear defrost and a "in better" shape rear AC switch.

added an auxillary fan to help the AC cool at idle (that is also the switch under the rear air).

sanden swap for the compressor because just the fan wasn't cutting it.

fixed the blend doors to get air moving where it should be for the different settings on the hvac.

added a rear view camera, temp, compass mirror.

fixed whatever broke that was 30yrs old.

and washed and waxed her today to prep for winter. I'll get Krown treatment later this month to complete winter prep.

Jealous of the rear window switch. My preferred setup.

As a bonus, more glass area in back, too!

:waytogo:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Just now got the shocks on. Haven’t taken it for a drive yet, but good lord the Ranchos were shot. All four you could push right in and they wouldn’t come back out. You could also hear the oil bubbling inside. The new ones can barely be compressed enough to get the bolts in.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Put on the new plugs and wires first before I swapped distributors just to see if that fixed it. Nope now if getting a little backfire from the pass side. Just a pop, pop, pop every once in a while. See if you can hear it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Climbing in and out of the engine bay is for you younguns cause I'll be sore tomorrow for sure. Lol

I really like the way the Taylor wires fit too. Nice call guys.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Put on the new plugs and wires first before I swapped distributors just to see if that fixed it. Nope now if getting a little backfire from the pass side. Just a pop, pop, pop every once in a while. See if you can hear it.

Climbing in and out of the engine bay is for you younguns cause I'll be sore tomorrow for sure. Lol

Are you rolling with no fan shroud?!?

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350

do you have true dual exhaust with no crossover? What I’m getting at is that tail pipe ONLY has that bank of cylinders? So you know for sure that it’s a backfire from the passenger bank of cylinders. If so that means it’s a single cylinder issue. Sure you’ve got the right firing order on your plug wires? Have you pulled the dist cap to see how the rotor and contacts look? If everything ignition wise checks out, I’d say you’ve got a exhaust valve that isn’t seating very well and letting exhaust out when the cylinder fires. This is all assuming you don’t hear a backfire from the other bank of cylinders at all.

Ben

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Working on my plow truck today. got new alt bracket, new-er alt, cleaned up some of the driver side of the engine and frame, cleaned up a used saginaw(reasons) and worked on getting everything aligned, checked out my balancer which looks like it has seen better days, swore a few times.

Got to the point where im super close with ps pump, just need to cut my threaded rod(to make my last mounting bolt) and then I can put the fan and fittings back on stuff and work on belts themselves. need to figure out my routing.

Already cleaned my bulkhead connector, but sprayed it again. Lots more gunk came out. What the hell was in here lol? Im pretty sure this needs a weather seal..?

ALSO, my engines blue looks suspiciously like Ford blue... either someone did this ****** paint job bad or the blue faded over the years.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
do you have true dual exhaust with no crossover? What I’m getting at is that tail pipe ONLY has that bank of cylinders? So you know for sure that it’s a backfire from the passenger bank of cylinders. If so that means it’s a single cylinder issue. Sure you’ve got the right firing order on your plug wires? Have you pulled the dist cap to see how the rotor and contacts look? If everything ignition wise checks out, I’d say you’ve got a exhaust valve that isn’t seating very well and letting exhaust out when the cylinder fires. This is all assuming you don’t hear a backfire from the other bank of cylinders at all.

Ben

Yes true dual. So I know its from that side. I'll check wire order again to make sure they're right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ta1nt3d