What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Knocked the dust off of her and started polishing & waxing. Got everything but the front chrome & the wheels and tires when the mail gal comes walking in the garage with a package….the PowerBlast plates. They were packaged really well with bubble wrap and in a box that was clearly marked FRAGILE. Took maybe all of 5 minutes to put them in. They have a little wiggle room so getting everything lined up was pretty simple, even with the carbs still mounted and my fumble fingers

You must be registered for see images attach

Put the butterflies back on for the cold weather that will soon be here. I found out the hard way last year while driving home from work during a freezing rain without them. She started running kinda funny, sorta hiccuping. When I got home the front air filter was totally frozen. The back carb was the only one getting any air. Blower plus lean condition isn’t good but nothing got hurt.

Still need to hook the butterfly rod to the throttle shaft arm and finish the cleaning job so I can get out and see if these plates make a difference or not. Won’t be tomorrow tho…we have to be in OKC most of the day.
What kind of power does that make? Always wondered about blown eight barrel

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Have been busier than a $5.00 crack ***** at a Shriners Convention! Been doing some side work for @oldretiredafguy pulling the engine and trans. out of his 1986 C20 for rebuilds. Seems the #1 rod cap didn't like it's position in life and decided to move on it's own. What a mess!!!:cheers:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
While doing all that have been tinkering with my latest acquisition, a 1992 GMC Suburban with a claimed blown head gasket. Haven't decided to dive into that yet or may just sell it as a Mechanic's Special, or possibly part it out. It's in great shape otherwise! Power seats and interior is in awesome condition!
All this thinking is making my head hurt! LOL Anyway, here it is. Anybody interested in a little fixer upper? LOL:cheers:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
But I actually have been able to do a little to my Square! Finally, after 10 + years when I removed them to redo my headliner, reinstalled my Visors! Wife helped me pick out the material to redo the headliner, at the time I was really into Metallica! Ride the Lightning Baby!:cheers:

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nice looking motor you got there Joe.

Do a burnout :burnout: lmao
Thank you.
You can’t imagine how much I hear this. What people don’t know is at today’s prices, $413.99 a pop, I don’t this this too often. Well ok, occasionally I will.
If no one gets the photo rally later tonight, I’ll post up something there hopefully you may like:rolleyes:

What kind of power does that make? Always wondered about blown eight barrel

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Not enough for the track but plenty for the street. I really don’t have an answer for that...and really don’t want to know. Been on the dyno twice in my life and they will burst your bubble.

Have been busier than a $5.00 crack ***** at a Shriners Convention! Been doing some side work for @oldretiredafguy pulling the engine and trans. out of his 1986 C20 for rebuilds. Seems the #1 rod cap didn't like it's position in life and decided to move on it's own. What a mess!!!:cheers:
Ouch!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
While doing all that have been tinkering with my latest acquisition, a 1992 GMC Suburban with a claimed blown head gasket. Haven't decided to dive into that yet or may just sell it as a Mechanic's Special, or possibly part it out. It's in great shape otherwise! Power seats and interior is in awesome condition!
All this thinking is making my head hurt! LOL Anyway, here it is. Anybody interested in a little fixer upper? LOL:cheers:
Yur makin me miss my 94 burb

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Thank you.
You can’t imagine how much I hear this. What people don’t know is at today’s prices, $413.99 a pop, I don’t this this too often. Well ok, occasionally I will.
If no one gets the photo rally later tonight, I’ll post up something there hopefully you may like:rolleyes:
Well thats what happens when ya got such a gorgeous square joe! And please do post up some tire smoke!!

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Possible hurricane next week, so topped off the oil, and played with the EFE, watching it to see if it opened all the way as I still have clatter.

Well, anybody know if they open all the way?

That's a new TVS and when I pull the vacuum hose the stem drops all the way to open.

You can feel a little vacuum in the hose, and when you plug it back on the EFE valve watch the actuator arm rise slightly.

This is with the upper radiator hose hot, so it is warmed up for these purposes.

Eff it- I plugged that bee-yotch - for Science!:waytogo:

But, if anyone knows the correct answer...

:think:

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Chrome Gets You Home!

I'm going to try and run this motor through the winter despite being absolute junk. Even after rebuilding the cylinder head, the built in smoke screen hasn't changed.

It at least runs decent and idles smooth now that it doesn't have any burnt valves anymore. I'm already running 20w50 and Lucas, yet it goes through a quart every 150 miles or so. The old engine did that as well, but after replacing the valve seals it significantly lessened.

I now got a case of 20w50 (24 quarts) so that should get me through the winter. Also since I have a block heater, Cold starts with such thick oil shouldn't be a problem.

Hopefully it makes it through the winter without locking up.

Last edited:

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Transmission In my suburban lost 3rd and 4th last night while on a parts store run for cleaner for the s10's transmission I'm rebuilding.....

Irony, right?

Drove home in 2nd gear, 60mph, motor yelling at me, lol

She'll be getting a stout upgrade that'll withstand 600 ponies, and will do well for towing, I'll just need to add aux cooler though.

I'll post updates later today, trying to wrap up the s10 trans, then I'll be pulling the suburban trans out and leave it waiting for its upgrade.....

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Transmission In my suburban lost 3rd and 4th last night while on a parts store run for cleaner for the s10's transmission I'm rebuilding.....

Irony, right?

She'll be getting a stout upgrade that'll withstand 600 ponies, and will do well for towing, I'll just need to add aux cooler though.

I'll post updates later today, trying to wrap up the s10 trans, then I'll be pulling the suburban trans out and leave it waiting for its upgrade.....

Had the same thing happen to my '95 Suburban, only I was 4 hours from home. About 6 hours later, and a blown brake line I made it home.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Irony, right?

At least you got the gunk blown out!

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Here's the new muscle for the suburban
700r4 rated for 600hp
Shift kit, Kevlar band, it's got the polished billet servo cover and deep trans pan, corvette servo, tight stacked forward clutches, hardened sprauges, goes on and on.

That old suburban ain't gonna know how to act with that kinda hardware behind it.

This mf is gonna bang thru gears.

Just need to get that PROM chip upgrade, step up to 420 ft lbs and 380 HP, and she'll be a real throaty, gear bangin' bitch from 1989

Motor in it now is pretty low mileage and makes a healthy 330 HP, with that, this trans, next up ill loose a rear end, watch :rolleyes:

Should also be able to do some good pulling with a nice aftermarket aux cooler

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Here's the new muscle for the suburban
700r4 rated for 600hp
Shift kit, Kevlar band, it's got the polished billet servo cover and deep trans pan, corvette servo, tight stacked forward clutches, hardened sprauges, goes on and on.

That old suburban ain't gonna know how to act with that kinda hardware behind it.

This mf is gonna bang thru gears.

Just need to get that PROM chip upgrade, step up to 420 ft lbs and 380 HP, and she'll be a real throaty, gear bangin' bitch from 1989

Motor in it now is pretty low mileage and makes a healthy 330 HP, with that, this trans, next up ill loose a rear end, watch :rolleyes:

Should also be able to do some good pulling with a nice aftermarket aux cooler
Yur burbs a 2 wheeler? Idk why i thought she was 4...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag