What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Got my trans out and tore down. A bit of issues. Hard to see but the drum is wore pretty bad seems the last guy didnt get the seals in right.

You must be registered for see images attach

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Got my trans out and tore down. A bit of issues. Hard to see but the drum is wore pretty bad seems the last guy didnt get the seals in right.

It appears to me that the end play may be the culprit. Inspect the case very closely

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
It appears to me that the end play may be the culprit. Inspect the case very closely

Intresting never thought of that. Makes sense. Anywhere special to look at the case?
Also broke a wave plate and the pump bearing (think thats what youd call it) is tore up.

This is the first time ive pulled a transmission apart. My father in law used to build them at work so he will help me get it back together.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Intresting never thought of that. Makes sense. Anywhere special to look at the case?
Also broke a wave plate and the pump bearing (think thats what youd call it) is tore up.

This is the first time ive pulled a transmission apart. My father in law used to build them at work so he will help me get it back together.
Man! You are just not having much luck with that truck, are you?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Haha Nope. Would have been simpler to do this a month ago when I put the engine in huh?
I suppose if you were a witch and could see the future you would have done just that.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size

Yes, look at the very bottom/rear where the thrust washer is installed. This is where the rear end play is established. The front end play uses a selective thrust washer on the rear of the pump body

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Changed my thermostat to a 180°. It was pretty cruddy and for some reason the thermostat was bent.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
By the looks, appears previous attempt to install was forced as indicated by the bent cage. Probably didn't remove the hose from the t-stat housing

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
By the looks, appears previous attempt to install was forced as indicated by the bent cage. Probably didn't remove the hose from the t-stat housing

Hard to say. It has 2 different length bolts and the there was so much shot on them you could only see the thread that were in the intake.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Does loading parts for Ole Bessie into the POD container count as what I have done to my square lately? She is bedded down at our new place near Savannah in the garage! Trying to complete my move and get the **** out of Atlanta metro area

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Sorry Rusty, no pix, but will add when I get to my new place permanently

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I did not take any pictures, I could though but man when a guy gets working and the phone is hooked to the stereo system in the shop, I just want to keep working!

Anyhow, finished interior welding this weekend. Applied two coats of rust converter on everything that had rust, and even put it over the new steel I have welded in as the converter also is a good priming surface.

Now at this point I have some white rustoleum paint leftover from something else, so I will cover up these rust surfaces with that for a bit more protection. Then it is on to insulating the floorboards and firewall.

Or I will install vent work first...either way it will get done.

Yesterday since the last coat of rust converter was curing and I wanted to keep working I was carefully pulling apart the 3" exhaust system (it has smitty mufflers on it....wonder what they sound like??) on it and did NOT have to cut any of it!! Then got shocks off and disconnected rear brake lines in preparation for the installation of the lowering kit.

I should take some pictures, reading all of my above words kind of sucks....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC