What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Are you going to give it the Rust-Oleum /fiberglass, mineral spirits paint job?

No actually, god help me, but I'm going to buy some actual Automotive enamel this time.
You must be registered for see images attach

The body on this 'burb is really not too bad, so I'm going the extra mile to make it nice.

Though, I am still doing some "creative bodywork." (Downspouts make good rocker panels).

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No actually, god help me, but I'm going to buy some actual Automotive enamel this time.

The body on this 'burb is really not too bad, so I'm going the extra mile to make it nice.

Though, I am still doing some "creative bodywork." (Downspouts make good rocker panels).
Are you at least useing seam sealer to keep the water out from under those panels?:happy175:

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Are you at least useing seam sealer to keep the water out from under those panels?:happy175:

Yes I am, well actually some fiberglass resin I had laying around, that should work pretty well.

The rockers are going to be bedlined anyways, so I don't really care what they look like, as long as the rest of the body looks good.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

I like your decorations in the barn /work area! Brightens your spirits in these dark times.:D:Big Laugh:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I replaced my speedo cables. Looks like my actual issue is the cruise transducer so if anyone has a 3 wire model hanging around let me know, I’m in the market.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
I replaced my speedo cables. Looks like my actual issue is the cruise transducer so if anyone has a 3 wire model hanging around let me know, I’m in the market.
What year is your rig?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
What year is your rig?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
1979. The Cardone part number is unobtainable at this time otherwise I'd be getting one of those coming.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
1979. The Cardone part number is unobtainable at this time otherwise be getting one of those coming.
Send a picture.. i have a 78 with factory cruise and Its never gonna be used again.

The Unicorn:

On the other side, the lug wrench and jack handle:

THATS the factory jack? Oh I have like 2 of those and almost threw one away. Oops. The bar is for the spare tire or is the tire iron hook into it for leverage?
And the plastic case under the jack.. supposed to have a cover?

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
THATS the factory jack? Oh I have like 2 of those and almost threw one away. Oops. The bar is for the spare tire or is the tire iron hook into it for leverage?
And the plastic case under the jack.. supposed to have a cover?

The plastic case is just a pocket that the jack sits in. The wingnut and clamp holds it down. The lug wrench is just a lug wrench. Hex on one end and blade on the other for popping the hubcaps. The jack handle is almost twice as long as what you see. It folds in half and the other end fits in a hole in the rad support.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

LOL- got 2, by chance ?
:D

Either way, it should look like this
I will take a lookwhen I can. I know I saw the cables that screw in somewhere, but didnt notice if that was there.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The standard carrier goes under the frame at the back of the bed, in front of the rear bumper. It was for a full size factory wheel and tire.

LMC diagram:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-87-chevy-gmc/spare-tire/cc-1975-87-spare-tire-carrier-standard-

The "slide-out" was similar except the carrier had a slider that would allow the operator to pull the spare out further while the tier stayed on the carrier. It probably made it a little easier to get the tire on and off the carrier. Especially if you were on your way out to a fancy dinner wearing your new tuxedo.

LMC diagram:

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-87-chevy-gmc/spare-tire/cc-1975-87-spare-tire-carrier-glide-out-

If you ordered a trailer hitch the spare wouldn't fit with the hitch there so it had to be mounted in the bed, upright in front of the left wheel tub. Not the slickest look, but more practical than just leaving it laying around. I'll try to grab some pics under the hood tomorrow so you can see the jack stuff.

* I have no idea what happened to the colors and font here.

Do you have that on your truck?

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size

What does 3 wire mean ?

Mine looks like this (80 model ) with 2 wires.

Here is one from a 77 - same module, I believe, but the vacuum bellows is in a different location.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128