What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Bought these for my 79. Had been watching them on ebay for a while and the seller sent an offer for 50% off I jumped on it.
You must be registered for see images attach
KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!! NO WAY MAN!! SOO JEALOUS! ive got that plate on my front bumper

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Got the tranny doc to do the 1 week checkup- all is well. :waytogo:

Have a little rough idle, so I changed some vacuum lines- mainly because tranny doc thinks that squeal I hear only while in reverse may be a vacuum leak.

Old tranny did it, too.

Also snugged the carb mounting bolts down a hair - just in case.

Anyone know of a vacuum circuit on a TH350C (besides the modulator) that is activated only in reverse?

:think:

I will change some more out tomorrow- can't hurt.

I also pulled number 8 - some deposits, but looks cleaner than it has in the past.

Maybe the EGR and EFE working are keeping the back 2 cleaner now.

Who knows.
No dedicated vacuum in reverse. I would check and make sure your motor mounts are not collapsed, as drive train moving too much may enhance the noise you are hearing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
More puttering this AM.

Changed a few, fixed one, and have some theories.

Fix =

I broke the OE tee (or wye - don't remember now) and used a Chinesium parts store special.

Today I added the second hose clamp on the right - it was duct taped.:anitoof:

Not pictured was the big vacuum tee close to the distributor.

It was loose, and honestly still is not crazy right, but it is teflon taped and hopefully making a full seal.

If not, well, it's easy to get to with the air cleaner off.

How you get a wrench to it is a question, and what to do if it breaks :mad: a problem I did not want to solve, so it is hand tight.

Theory- I think the tranny doc dislodged the hose going to the Thermac valve on the air cleaner. I did not notice the mild miss on the way there, but did on the way home.

I say theory because I pulled the air cleaner off last night to change 2 hoses and did not notice the hose being off until this morning.

It also got replaced as it is powered by manifold vac.

The squeal is still there, though much quieter.

I did something mo betta.

:D

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
More puttering this AM.

Changed a few, fixed one, and have some theories.

Fix =

I broke the OE tee (or wye - don't remember now) and used a Chinesium parts store special.

Today I added the second hose clamp on the right - it was duct taped.:anitoof:

Not pictured was the big vacuum tee close to the distributor.

It was loose, and honestly still is not crazy right, but it is teflon taped and hopefully making a full seal.

If not, well, it's easy to get to with the air cleaner off.

How you get a wrench to it is a question, and what to do if it breaks :mad: a problem I did not want to solve, so it is hand tight.

Theory- I think the tranny doc dislodged the hose going to the Thermac valve on the air cleaner. I did not notice the mild miss on the way there, but did on the way home.

I say theory because I pulled the air cleaner off last night to change 2 hoses and did not notice the hose being off until this morning.

It also got replaced as it is powered by manifold vac.

The squeal is still there, though much quieter.

I did something mo betta.

:D
Whatcha got right there are old squeaky squirrels in your squircle. ;)

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Whatcha got right there are old squeaky squirrels in your squircle. ;)

LOL- old, tired, 40 year old squirrels!:hahano:

As long as they ain't munching on wiring, they can stay there although I imagine that although by now they have adjusted to the Texas climate their first summer was hard.

:insane:

Darth Plasma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350/SM465
You don't like the brush guard or the air dam?
I've been wondering what mine would look like with that brush guard for a while now. Does it mount with the original bolts or did it require longer bolts?
I'm keeping the brush guard, I just took off the air dam. The brush guard mounts with the original bolts

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Im just pissed cus its a whole diff rear and the same damn problem.
You can mark the pinion nut to the pinion. Pull the pinion yoke off swap out the seal and re tighten the nut. Go a little past the old Mark. Like a 1/4 past it. And that should get you rocking again. I did use the sleeve eliminator on mine tho. But of course to use it, it takes a lot of trial and error like setting the pinion depth. But once you get it. You can swap seals every day of the week without worrying about anything.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
You can mark the pinion nut to the pinion. Pull the pinion yoke off swap out the seal and re tighten the nut. Go a little past the old Mark. Like a 1/4 past it. And that should get you rocking again. I did use the sleeve eliminator on mine tho. But of course to use it, it takes a lot of trial and error like setting the pinion depth. But once you get it. You can swap seals every day of the week without worrying about anything.
I may look into the eliminator

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I put the steering box and tie rods back on my frame. Started sourcing some stuff to start sorting the engine out. Picked up a set of headers and a holley street avenger yesterday.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Still stock piling part for my front clip swap on the dually. Over the weekend I got the lower front "valance" piece that goes between the fenders right under the grill :) Now need inner fenders, hood, hinges and other little bits of stuff.

norman baker

Reaction score
First Name
norman
Truck Year
1976,1981,1982,1984 1985
Truck Model
k20 ,c10 ,c10,c20, c10
Engine Size
none, 250 ,305, 454, 305, 454 ,
ADDED FOG LIGHTS WITH AUX SWITCH TO TURN THEM ON SEPARATELY, ADD BACK CAMERA AND RECORDING MIRROR SYSTEM. ADD A SMALL CONSOLE WITH 2 USB CHARGERS, FOG LIGHT AUX SWITCH, FUSED TO ACCESSORY POWER. ADDED HAM RADIO , 2 AND 6 METER ANTENNA. :893Chainsaw-Smilie-

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Got the 350 in and running. Left work parking lot at 7:30 sat night. 11 hours to pull 2 motors and swap them with only having to get 1 running. The 400 I just dumped in the '75's engine bay. Motor runs like a dream but I need to get new header and collector gaskets. If I get on it, it will actually accelerate on the downshift instead of falling on it's face. When I pulled the 400 it was leaking BAD out of the rear main, I was using about a quart a week, the exhaust valves were as white as snow so it apparently needed some jetting, and the advancing spring rotor mount thing in the distributor was so gummed up if you twisted it by hand it just stayed there, so that didn't help. I know at least 1 lifter was tapping, maybe a valve or 2 also, and when I spun the water pump all it did was grind. It was so worth it swapping them around.

Fixing the 400 - Hundreds of dollars
Swapping it with the 350 - free, except for some exhaust gaskets

Sure it was cool saying I had a 400, but I'm dropping in a big block anyway so it doesn't matter to me what's in there right now as long as it runs well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969