What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nooo I'm a senior in high school
Dang we have a few youngins on here. Seems like every other forum I'm on it's mostly 30-60 year olds. Regardless of the subject matter. Seems like the generation before me is all on Facebook or the Instagram. I don't quite get it , seems like the same sharing and format is not conducive to this type place, like questions etc. I don't use FB or any of those type things so honestly I don't know.

Seems like instantgram is more for showing pics of your squat truck hauling ghost trailers around and people telling to.. bro that's bad ass, or off the chain or, dat truck be lit. Or whatever those comments are.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Dang we have a few youngins on here. Seems like every other forum I'm on it's mostly 30-60 year olds. Regardless of the subject matter. Seems like the generation before me is all on Facebook or the Instagram. I don't quite get it , seems like the same sharing and format is not conducive to this type place, like questions etc. I don't use FB or any of those type things so honestly I don't know.

Seems like instantgram is more for showing pics of your squat truck hauling ghost trailers around and people telling to.. bro that's bad ass, or off the chain or, dat truck be lit. Or whatever those comments are.
It's nice having the youngsters on here especially the mature ones that are interesting in gaining knowledge, as well as, passing on some knowledge of things that have worked for them that some of us 40+ guys may or may not have thought about or tried before. :)

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
It's nice having the youngsters on here especially the mature ones that are interesting in gaining knowledge, as well as, passing on some knowledge of things that have worked for them that some of us 40+ guys may or may not have thought about or tried before. :)
Also the young ones with VAST amounts of knowledge like @legopnuematic

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Got my new wiper switch. Couldn't turn on the wipers without the wash coming on. I took three switch apart, straightened out the contacts and it lasted a few weeks then got worse. I'll be putting that in later. Did a little work on my disc brake 14 bolt too.

You must be registered for see images attach

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
Cut my exhaust pipes off...

... To add an H pipe, so I just had to give it a run with open headers.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh I don't mind it. Like you said everyone needs to learn and we can all share things as well. Seeing a 16 or a 25 year old into fixing old stuff and driving it gives you a breath of fresh air, makes you think to your self maybe were not doomed with the upcoming generations. There still people out there that can work, want to figure stuff out and think old stuff is cool.

73c20jim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
1973, 1973
Truck Model
C20 2WD Custom Deluxe. C10 2WD Base Model
Engine Size
350 CID 195/260 HP Goodwrench crate, 400 CID 2bbl
Truck and I have been resting. Loose wire on starter motor. Sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't. Also needs a front A frame bushing.

It goes to the shop on Feb 27. Tired of messing with it.

When reliable I'll use it to pick up 25 railroad ties. Then a load of dirt, then stones. Gotta build a retaining wall.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
There, swapped the internal contacts and back piece but was able to keep my original switch. I didn't want that windshield icon.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Still probably a year or two away from doing any of the major bodywork on the old girl, but the passenger side rocker was rusted pretty good right where your foot would go when I bought the truck due to mice making a nest inside of it and it rotting from the inside out. Made it tough for anyone to get in as they had to basically step over it to get in. So I thought what the heck, ordered one of those "slip on" rocker panels for $20 to see if it was going to be any good. Had to loosen the door on the hinges and pull it out of the way to get it in place as it slips behind the front fender and then trimmed the tab off of the rear of the panel and used a few sheet metal screws to secure it in place. The weather stripping went right back down over the lip on it and now it's sturdy enough again to use as a foot hold to get in. still have to shoot a little gray primer to make it blend in, but it did line up quite well and its a far cry better than it was and since it is the only spot on the truck where there was any rust though, it looks a whole lot better!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

Started repairing the damage from my accident. Repainted a new driver's side fender acquired from @78C10BigTen. Took off the bumper to fit my clean junkyard find bumper with factory fog lights. Hope to have it all back together tomorrow! I didn't build my truck for perfection or look nice, I made and maintain it for functionality. So that's my goal throughout my mediocre body work :anitoof:

With that row of horns you got there, I almost expected to see a seal under your hood blowing on them. o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84