What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthKnight84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Well I removed engine and trans. Cleaned transmission and am getting ready to replace seals and gaskets. Waiting on my 355 to arrive to get her back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Inner/outer tie rods, adjusting sleeves and idler arm today. Ball joints next weekend

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Took my wife out to eat Saturday for her birthday. I felt major flex in the drivetrain on the way home.

Flexed enough to snap my exhaust hangers, and sheer the bolt holding the rod from transfer case to transmission.

Found one of my transmission mount bolts had just fallen out.

Appears I got lucky, and didnt crack the adapter, or transmission case. The rods from the dust cover to the motor mounts probably saved me.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
You drivin now? Everything goin good? Not pushin it are ya? BE CAREFUL!!!

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Pulled into the drive Saturday after riding my mountain bike and when I came back out to unload the truck I noticed a new large puddle and my driver front leaf spring was wet. Pitman arm shaft seal blew out. Made for a sketchy drive to work today with lack of hydro boost and power steering until I replaced the seal tonight. What little bit it was working made it worse when hitting the brakes mid turn, it wanted to straighten the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Took apart the tailgate of my CUCV Blazer to fix the window crank. Got it working for now with a used part, but I plan to go thru and replace the felts and seals, and possibly a new crank assembly in the future.

How do you get the window out? I disconnected it and pulled it out as far as I could to replace the crank, but it wouldn't come out. Seemed like the seals were in the way, but I wasn't able to get them off with the window in place.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I put the new registration sticker on mine.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got the CUCV licensed and insured. Getting it ready for winter and trying to finish up installing the snow plow. The plow was on my 80 and has been sitting for several years.

Hooked up the hydraulic unit and nothing:mad:. Took it apart and found the pump froze up. Was going to order a new pump but figured what the heck, so took it apart. Found a little rust on the gears so cleaned them up and put it back together. Changed the oil in the hydraulic unit and it seems to be working fine, lifts the plow, but I can't test the angling cylinders because I have to replace the hoses first.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got the CUCV licensed and insured. Getting it ready for winter and trying to finish up installing the snow plow. The plow was on my 80 and has been sitting for several years.

Hooked up the hydraulic unit and nothing:mad:. Took it apart and found the pump froze up. Was going to order a new pump but figured what the heck, so took it apart. Found a little rust on the gears so cleaned them up and put it back together. Changed the oil in the hydraulic unit and it seems to be working fine, lifts the plow, but I can't test the angling cylinders because I have to replace the hoses first.
Well that saved You a fair chunk of change.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Been thinking radiator and battery. I know that's a big chunk of change. I`m going back to eork tomorrow so time will build on the pay clock then it wont feel like such a burden when I make the purchase. Other wise I`d charge the components then have that bill hanging over My head. :Caffeine:

Good to see You are doing well there @Arkansas_V8 And feeling okay to get to drive.

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Added a headache rack, just because. Replaced the fuel switching valve and headlight switch since I was having trouble with both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20