What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Will be finishing internal mods to the trans tonight, will be doing VB and converter next week.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I’ve been without one going on 18 years. It may “feel” a bit different cornering at speed tho. You’ll being losing some body roll control. Guess I’m just used to it. Mine’s off to help with launches on straightaways.

The sway bar was actually optional on a 2wd C10. There's many trucks out there such as my own that safely get down the road without a sway bar. I wish mine went straight like yours probably does though, lol.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
The sway bar was actually optional on a 2wd C10. There's many trucks out there such as my own that safely get down the road without a sway bar. I wish mine went straight like yours probably does though, lol.
Lol it goes mostly straight. Steering is a bit sensitive for some reason. Anyway, I drove it some today and I couldn’t really tell a difference. But then again, who knows how long that bracket has been broken.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Discovered yet another senior moment from last fall. Complete interior makeover. Still like finishing console and installing amps. Put stereo unit in but left the detachable head off. 17 days till cruise weekend so started inside detail. Putting the head on, it just would not connect. Then I see why. I put the unit in UPSIDE DOWN!!!
Yeah, you can't fix stupid. So that's what I did on my day off I had planned on doing nothing.

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
My c10 dont got one but i drive it like a ferrari and kinda wish it did...

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Lol it goes mostly straight. Steering is a bit sensitive for some reason. Anyway, I drove it some today and I couldn’t really tell a difference. But then again, who knows how long that bracket has been broken.

Many moons ago when I had Mean Green, I had to install a Grant steering wheel that was probably 6 inches less diameter than the stock one because the stock one stripped out and almost left us down in the aqueduct. It was manual steering, but the smaller wheel made it turn a tad quicker. With no sway bar it didn't matter a whole bunch. Then years later I installed a power steering conversion kit from REZ Engineering. That made a huge difference in how the truck handled. At that point I'd driven nothing but vehicles with manual steering and manual brakes except for work vehicles with power everything. Installed the sway bar and the truck handled great. You can go without one as mentioned, it just takes some getting used to.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Discovered yet another senior moment from last fall. Complete interior makeover. Still like finishing console and installing amps. Put stereo unit in but left the detachable head off. 17 days till cruise weekend so started inside detail. Putting the head on, it just would not connect. Then I see why. I put the unit in UPSIDE DOWN!!!
Yeah, you can't fix stupid. So that's what I did on my day off I had planned on doing nothing.

Whoops....

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet

I'm there with ya!!! Only I don't tell anyone so I'm the only one who knows and will stay with me!!!.....:party36:

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
had to put the battery on the battery minder cuz the idiots at the shop left the door cracked....ran battery down (18 month old battery). We'll see if the battery minder lives up to the hype I've given it here and there on a 18 month old battery.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
had to put the battery on the battery minder cuz the idiots at the shop left the door cracked....ran battery down (18 month old battery). We'll see if the battery minder lives up to the hype I've given it here and there on a 18 month old battery.

I have some random Stanley thing that managed to rejuvenate a battery thats about 8 years old and has been laying in the dirt out back for at least 3 years lol.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Finally getting some work done on the ol' girl now that spring has pretty much sprung. Got the shifter that I've had sitting around since last summer finally installed, tidied up some more wiring in the cab and cleaned a few odds and ends up. still have much to do before I can fire it up and drive it this spring, but i'll take any steps I can get right now even if they're baby steps. Lol

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Finally getting some work done on the ol' girl now that spring has pretty much sprung. Got the shifter that I've had sitting around since last summer finally installed, tidied up some more wiring in the cab and cleaned a few odds and ends up. still have much to do before I can fire it up and drive it this spring, but i'll take any steps I can get right now even if they're baby steps. Lol

Shifters for days in these pics LOL

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Shifters for days in these pics LOL

Lol Touché!
It's soon to be minus one, I forgot to bring a small enough punch home from my toolbox at work to drive the pin out to remove the one no longer needed on the column. That's the pain of being an onsite mechanic, half the time what you need is in your main toolbox not at home. Or I could leave it sort of like a theft deterrent device for millennials. "which one do we move to make the truck moooove?!" "Dude, I don't know!!"
:emotions122::emotions133:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL