What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
We have not had snow for like 3 weeks. You still have some?

You must be registered for see images attach
This was this morning. I can finally see some grass.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow

In hindsight, I really should have cut off that extra 4 inches or so. It doesn't serve a purpose. But it was basically just scrap steel hastily welded together.

I'm going to have to do this on my 2500HD when I get around to it. The flipdown bracket is what's been holding me up, I wanted to be sure to get something durable because that thing will definitely get beaten.

Do you reach under the bumper to put the pin in?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I'm going to have to do this on my 2500HD when I get around to it. The flipdown bracket is what's been holding me up, I wanted to be sure to get something durable because that thing will definitely get beaten.

Do you reach under the bumper to put the pin in?

Yeah, the pin goes in behind the bumper. It's pretty easy to access. However if I was to tow a heavy trailer, I'd have to put attachment points somewhere for the safety chains. I didn't go that far because the hitch is really only there for my little utility trailer.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Yeah, the pin goes in behind the bumper. It's pretty easy to access. However if I was to tow a heavy trailer, I'd have to put attachment points somewhere for the safety chains. I didn't go that far because the hitch is really only there for my little utility trailer.

Yeah I was thinking of actually cutting a hole, and setting the real hitch inside of it, and letting the whole thing tilt down.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
New caliper, pads, hose, rotor, and Timken bearings. On one side anyway... Wasn’t in much of a brake line making mood but knew if I didn’t do it now the last guy’s work would annoy the hell out of me forever, even though it was doing the job just fine.

Only feels like an accomplishment because what I started with looked like it came from the bottom of the ocean.

And now I can start my two week PB blaster vigil on the other side...

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Be sure to get the ground buss at the driver side kick panel. There's like what looks to be a junction where all those wire come together on the driver side kick panel just up inside the dash. It's riveted or bolted to the sheet metal. If can get loose or gets a little rust behind it and the wires lose good ground and it'll keep the power windows from working. All the wire chasing I did on my 85 K1500, and it turned out that's all it was. Cleaned the terminals, IIRC, I cleaned the sheet metal, and used a good quality self tapper and anchored it down in a different spot and covered it with silicone to seal it and prevent any more rusting and they worked fine when I sold it.
Hey man, just wanted to thank you again for the tip. I got in there tonight, found the ground buss, and it was a corroded mess.
I cleaned everything up, installed all new connectors, and oxguarded the **** out of everything.
It's the first time I've ever seen the power windows work, so I'm pretty stoked.

I can't believe there were no pics of this online, though. I looked everywhere and couldn't seem to find any.
Oh well, I've got them now. Haha...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Pics of what I'm talking about.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hey man, just wanted to thank you again for the tip. I got in there tonight, found the ground buss, and it was a corroded mess.
I cleaned everything up, installed all new connectors, and oxguarded the **** out of everything.
It's the first time I've ever seen the power windows work, so I'm pretty stoked.

I can't believe there were no pics of this online, though. I looked everywhere and couldn't seem to find any.
Oh well, I've got them now. Haha...

That's awesome. Every now and then we know we what we're talking about around here. Good Job. :waytogo: And thanks for coming back to update on the cure.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Fantastic pics. I think I need to do some editing with this and get us a thread put together in the Elecronics or Interior. I'll work with this. Thanks for the great pics.

KilgoreTrout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
350ci
Fantastic pics. I think I need to do some editing with this and get us a thread put together in the Elecronics or Interior. I'll work with this. Thanks for the great pics.
I'll update my thread, too. But that would be great! Hopefully it will help someone.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

My truck is a stripper. Is it weird that I have nothing hooked up at that ground bus?

@HotRodPC

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy