What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Trying to figure out if I like the bed rails. Jury is still out lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Negatory pig pen

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
No, thanks. This is momma's mulch hauler and the last thing she needs is a filler neck in a spot that isn't safe from her carelessness. I already have a new Tanks, Inc EFI tank ready to slap in.

The clamps came with the exhaust system, but they're known as 'band clamps' and invented by a company named Torca many years ago. You can even order band clamps from Amazon for five or six bucks apiece.

http://www.normaamericasds.com/brand/torca
You can buy em at autozone too

shanegtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Gave teh steering box a little adjustment to eliminate some free play. Ended up with about a turn and a half to tighten it up a little.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Had to replace radiator cap today. Yesterday while driving, suddenly saw steam coming from right rear of hood. Stopped and saw coolant all around under hood with most concentrated on right inner fender well. No overheating, upper hose was collapsing but still running ok. Looked all around and did not see any leaking. I have seen this before when there was no pressure in system due to bad cap. So, new cap, drove around a little while checked upper hose had good pressure and cap was definitely problem. Just suddenly crapped out. Glad that was all it was. I am guessing cap went bad and suddenly shot coolant into overflow that was enough to splash out into engine compartment.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Put my cb in, haven’t gotten it wired yet. Also swapped my fog lights out for some hella 500 driving lights, that I put 100 watt bulbs in. I liked the look of the fog lights, but I was not impressed with their performance at all. Couldn’t tell any difference between them being on or off so I ditched them. The round lights go better with the round headlights anyway.

chaosrob

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Today was heater core day. I remember the non ac trucks being much easier. This one with air was a little more time consuming. Bottom bolt held on for dear life :X

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Put my cb in, haven’t gotten it wired yet. Also swapped my fog lights out for some hella 500 driving lights, that I put 100 watt bulbs in. I liked the look of the fog lights, but I was not impressed with their performance at all. Couldn’t tell any difference between them being on or off so I ditched them. The round lights go better with the round headlights anyway.

Are you going to call 1977 with your CB?

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Can only call 1977 with a 23 channel CB. 40 channel will not work.
I have a couple of 23 channel radios in the attic..... probably going to take the cb back out. Just drove 2 hours to my parents house and heard nothing but static. Not a peep. After I got away from the highway I just turned it off and cranked up foreigner on the ole alpine and let her eat.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I have a couple of 23 channel radios in the attic..... probably going to take the cb back out. Just drove 2 hours to my parents house and heard nothing but static. Not a peep. After I got away from the highway I just turned it off and cranked up foreigner on the ole alpine and let her eat.
That's pretty much the same story with the mobile in my 76, although the CB Superbowl on Sundays on channel 6 can be entertaining.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Do you have the standing wave adjusted properly at the antenna?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128