What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Just finished changing the oil. Used acdelco filter this time. Surprised it was shorter than the fram ph30. Also found a few bits of metal in the old oil.

Since my ac no longer works, I coated interior windows with anti fog stuff. Hope it works.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Put the motor back in

Finally after a year the motor went back in. Those motor mount ls are a real PITA!!! I fought one side for a half hour....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 97

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
been polishing the valve covers on the LS. The first one has got a decent shine to it, but the studs are in the way and I don't have to patience to go further with it. I spent some time on the other side and patience got shorter.

So I ended up slapping a coat of high heat silver on it. Looks good but not the polished look I'm looking for. Them damn studs are in the way. I'll be thinking about it for a few days, but I may hack of the studs, grind it flat, then it will be easier to make it shine. If I do that and it doesn't work out, I'll get a set of chrome covers for ~$100. Depending on what I end up with, I may relocate the coils.

That color will suite me just fine for the block and a few other parts.

Forgot to mention also. I've been trying to soften up the 2003 DeVille passenger seat. Man that's gonna take some work as well. I had them in the heat last week soaking the hard bits with coconut oil. Man did it soak it up. It's going to take some actual working of the leather to really get it loose. I think i'll bring it inside and put it in place of my current spot to put shoes on. I've got an unknown vehicle bucket seat I used to race online in that I use that for. If I sit on the leather seat daily like I do the other, I think it will soften up quicker. No plans to install until the spring when I'm done with the LS install.

Last edited:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Know of any shops that electropolish parts?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Old seat I sit to put my shoes on LOL. If you have young boys, you might think about this for bedroom furniture. I woulda loved to have something like that when I was a boy lol.

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Know of any shops that electropolish parts?

hmmm.....no I'm in the sticks. But I know you can DIY. Seen a few video's of it but never put too much thought into it. I have access to some of the components free at work (old medical equipment).

Thanks for refreshing the thought.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
spent most of the afternoon fighting the TH350 to get back in line with the back of the motor. Suppose all that while being out it shifted even though it was supported. After a million trips back and forth from above the engine to under the truck while fiddling with a jack on the motor and a jack on the transmission they finally fell into place. Installed the headers while I was there too but the passenger side will have to come back out because I forgot to reinstall the dipstick before hand........:doh2: easy fix just time consuming. One more step closer to being able to fire it up:party36:

You must be registered for see images attach

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
After a million trips back and forth from above the engine to under the truck while fiddling with a jack on the motor and a jack on the transmission they finally fell into place.

Yeh that's the only part I hate about doing it by yourself. Last one I did by myself except the hood. Did you try putting a long stud in the block on each side? That helped me tons last time. Get both in and your almost done (as long as the DAMN torque convertor is in all the flippin' way...mine backed out).

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Yeh that's the only part I hate about doing it by yourself. Last one I did by myself except the hood. Did you try putting a long stud in the block on each side? That helped me tons last time. Get both in and your almost done (as long as the DAMN torque convertor is in all the flippin' way...mine backed out).

thats exactly what I did. my only issue was trying to correct the twist the transmission did while the motor was out. I ended up getting the top, not the center because theres no hole there, on the drivers side to act as a pivot. What ended up happening is the passenger side was about 1" to 1 1/2" away while the drivers side was right on the bell housing. A couple of pushes and she fell into place. the pins on the block kept hanging up and lifting the trans until it all fell in place. I finally got some help at the end from my father in law and i watched the converter closely and saw it slide right down next to the flex plate.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just finished changing the oil. Used acdelco filter this time. Surprised it was shorter than the fram ph30. Also found a few bits of metal in the old oil.

Since my ac no longer works, I coated interior windows with anti fog stuff. Hope it works.

You just got the short one. IIRC, PF25 is the short one, PF35 is the tall one. There are so many different ones now, Dual Gaurd, Extra Guard, Standard Etc, it's hard to remember all the #'s now, but they do make it in both short and tall. Some have to use the short one, like 4x4's with headers.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You just got the short one. IIRC, PF25 is the short one, PF35 is the tall one. There are so many different ones now, Dual Gaurd, Extra Guard, Standard Etc, it's hard to remember all the #'s now, but they do make it in both short and tall. Some have to use the short one, like 4x4's with headers.

The PH30 is Fram's shorty filter. I've been having to use the shorty's since getting long tube headers on my truck. The ACDelco shorty filter is nice. Since it is shorter, I can install the filter above the header instead reaching around it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, Headers are #1 reason for needing to use the short one. I'm thinking I might use a remote oil filter and try to get it on the firewall or fender well in the K10. I've done it before. I like the idea, but then it creates other issues, like hoses and fittings to leak.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
New (to me) trim below the seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 128

JIMs86K5

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I did a little fender trimming to fit 315/75R16 Kumhos on my M1031. I also got a couple axles to put under my 1970 GMC, going 1 tons.

Attachments

• driverside rear.jpg
    driverside rear.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 98
  • cucv new tires 2.jpg
    cucv new tires 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 92
  • new dana 60 and 14 bolt.jpg
    new dana 60 and 14 bolt.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Latest posts