What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Cleaned her up and looking forward to the Good Guys car show coming to Phoenix next weekend. :party36::big_banana_Dance:

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Replaced the fuel pump, sending unit and fuel relay. Also threw in some new spark plugs. Now off to Tractor Supply for new bed mounting hardware.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Replaced the fuel pump, sending unit and fuel relay. Also threw in some new spark plugs. Now off to Tractor Supply for new bed mounting hardware.

That's throttle body right? Dropping the tank is never fun, nice work.

kuyaspidey

Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Finally got the rattling to stop on my square by pulling off what I think is the flywheel dust cover. :shrug: Found out why it was rattling only one bolt was holding the dang thing on! When I looked I noticed why there was only one bolt, the rest of the holes don't line up so the PO must have put the wrong cover on! :chair:

Attachments

• 20160223_153055 small.jpg
    20160223_153055 small.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 20160223_153442 small.jpg
    20160223_153442 small.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 108

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That's throttle body right? Dropping the tank is never fun, nice work.
Wasn't too bad. I slid the bed back and the tank bolts pretty much snapped off. Worse thing was I put it back together, fired her up and had gas leaking from around the seal. Took the gas tank out again and reset the seal. This time I left the tank on my jack, hooked everything up and fired her up again to make sure I got it right THEN reinstalled the tank!!

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
Having it painted after 5 years of waiting. I also bought a NOS GM factory front tire rack. BTW, does anyone on here have one of these on their truck? I HATE the under-carriage one, and there is no room to "spare" in my shorted stepside. So I was hoping for some feedback on it.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Wasn't too bad. I slid the bed back and the tank bolts pretty much snapped off. Worse thing was I put it back together, fired her up and had gas leaking from around the seal. Took the gas tank out again and reset the seal. This time I left the tank on my jack, hooked everything up and fired her up again to make sure I got it right THEN reinstalled the tank!!

I feel that pain, I had the skid plate off, ran into some problems with the tank half dropped, had to bolt it all up again and try later. I was working on a suburban, the hardest part for me was getting the lines unscrewed without having good access from the top side. The tank had to be supported a few inches down, that's all the slack there was in the lines.

So anytime someone drops a tank on one of these, I think "nice work".

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
My latest adventure included a failed radiator tank seam, and leaking p/s pump, which both occurred at the same time, and I discovered them 2 days before we needed to drop the camper on the hitch, load 9 people and their gear aboard, and drive 5hrs up into the Sierra Mountains, then use it as cross-country team transport vehicle for a week, and then turn around and do another 5hrs back home.

That was a joy.

Then on the trip, I start hearing that rumbling that we all know to be a failed rear axle bearing. So after getting back from that camping/running camp adventure, I got to do a left rear axle and bearing........and the F-ing set screw in the gov-lock was snapped off down inside the diff housing. SUPER!!

And added this for when we're full of people and gear.......
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Having it painted after 5 years of waiting. I also bought a NOS GM factory front tire rack. BTW, does anyone on here have one of these on their truck? I HATE the under-carriage one, and there is no room to "spare" in my shorted stepside. So I was hoping for some feedback on it.
I have seen them. What I would love to find is the stepside fender that has the dimple to mount the spare on the side of the bed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Finally got the rattling to stop on my square by pulling off what I think is the flywheel dust cover. :shrug: Found out why it was rattling only one bolt was holding the dang thing on! When I looked I noticed why there was only one bolt, the rest of the holes don't line up so the PO must have put the wrong cover on! :chair:

That appears to be a K case 700r4 cover for a 4x4 transmission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30