What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
had a rough day truck broke down on the main street. the ecmb fuse kept blowin . so I had to get towed home $120.. for 3 miles . so I got home and googled the problem . they said to follow the orange wire which goes to fuel pump relay and to the oil pressure switch. turns out the 2of the wires going to the oil pressure switch fused together . once I separated them everything was fine , so if anyone ever runs into this problem just look for the orange wire and see if its casing is messed up and touching something. :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Man that sucks but at least you figured it out. Thanks for sharing the info.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Went to the junkyard yesterday and scored some good parts. Air intake duct, two intermittent wiper modules, under hood retractable work light and a hood release cable for 20 bucks.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Went to the junkyard yesterday and scored some good parts. Air intake duct, two intermittent wiper modules, under hood retractable work light and a hood release cable for 20 bucks.
Thats a good deal.
I have not done one thing to Mine S.B. in a very long time. I did fire it up and drive it around, about last May, might have been April too.
Today, I am going to go to Mine sons and borrow His riding mower, I am taking the keys for the old brown beast along and fire it up and take it for a drive.
I have a steering shaft to install, thanks to 89 Burb, and then I want to convert it over to a TBI, that will have to wait for just a little while, The garage will need some cleaning out before that`ll happen. LOL
I now need to leave for a while, I will try`n get back here later today, affer the mowing is finished and the weeedeeeewakkker`n is all finished.
Nice about the back surgery, I can now do these things, if I am very very carefull.
Thanks for being here guys.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Howdy there, Mr Marty! Glad you are doing well!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Acquired a newer back bumper from Mr. Pickup. Also got a receiver hitch and a quadrajet to replace this ****** edelbrock. Got the white paint buffed off from where my dad backed his brand new Dodge into my tailgate. (destroyed his entire taillight assembly) but just left a bit of his paint behind. I love the quality of the bodies of these 30 year old trucks.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Acquired a newer back bumper from Mr. Pickup. Also got a receiver hitch and a quadrajet to replace this ****** edelbrock. Got the white paint buffed off from where my dad backed his brand new Dodge into my tailgate. (destroyed his entire taillight assembly) but just left a bit of his paint behind. I love the quality of the bodies of these 30 year old trucks.

What about the Edelbrock carb do you dislike. ?

I just put an 1806 eddy on mine. Haven't driven it yet. But im kinda disappointed with the idle quality already. I just wanted to get rid of leaky fuel well plugs and I had this brand new carb sitting around.

Im already under the impression that a good quadjet is far superior with out even driving it.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I can seem to get mine adjusted. It runs really rich and if I back it off it runs like crap. It probably needs rebuilt, but a buddy of mine had this good qjet he didn't need along with the intake adapter he just have me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I can seem to get mine adjusted. It runs really rich and if I back it off it runs like crap. It probably needs rebuilt, but a buddy of mine had this good qjet he didn't need along with the intake adapter he just have me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I am working on a quadjet or two. I figure down the road I can go back to the quadjet with that adapter.

Did your carb base gasket have the divider or was it open from side to side. ? Mine has the divider and I was wondering if getting an open one would fix the idle and off idle stumble.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Im not sure I haven't switched them out yet, but I will let you know when I do. Im sure they can be good carbs if a guy is familiar with them, but Im not and most of my help are qjet/holly guys so Im going to go ahead and switch and see if I can get it running better.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Howdy there, Mr Marty! Glad you are doing well!
WY Thank You foamy pirate.
I have not had much time to be cruising forums lately. It seems that them "Honey Doooooz", or, is it "Honey dues" caught up to Me.
The back is doing nicely and it is healing up, the wifey, She had a way of detecting this and will no longer let Meeee offt duh hooook. :shrug:
I will try and maker into here a bit more often and, hope I can.
In the B.S. on Craigslist thread, I posted about a 94 1ton dually crew cab, four weeel drive a feller in Reno is selling, diesel, 6.5, bad infecktors, I mean injectors.
Takeum peek, lemmeee know what You think.
He is going to email Me some pics. of the interior. I talked to Him on the phone a while ago.
OH well, here it is. takum peek atum.
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4598344632.html

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I got my ALDL-usb cable from Red Devil River today so I can read the brain of my TBI.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
had a rough day truck broke down on the main street. the ecmb fuse kept blowin . so I had to get towed home $120.. for 3 miles . so I got home and googled the problem . they said to follow the orange wire which goes to fuel pump relay and to the oil pressure switch. turns out the 2of the wires going to the oil pressure switch fused together . once I separated them everything was fine , so if anyone ever runs into this problem just look for the orange wire and see if its casing is messed up and touching something. :)

well I fixed the wires today they were bad in a couple of places were the orange wire was totally exposed. Even the oil pressure sending wire was really bad . I fixed them both with electrical tape , and then put them in a plastic wire loom protector , so it should be good for another 27 years lol.

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
Got the front end off today!
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I started taking my front axle apart so I can install a limited slip in it.
Discovered a missing sway bar bushing when I was jacking the truck up to put it on jackstands.
Found the LH wheel bearing outer locknut had loosened and backed off, and shaved a little aluminum from the inside of the locking hub.
I hope it won't affect it.
The inner locknut unthreaded partially off, then stopped.
I had to use a 1/2" drive impact to get it off.
Good thing I have a spare set of good spindles and nuts.
Here's a couple pix of what I saw.
I'm not going to use that axle shaft, I have a good set of used ones already.

Attachments

• IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0221.jpg
    IMAG0221.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68