What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Grind and paint, forgives the welder I ain’t.

Attachments

• IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 47

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Just got these from eBay. And! Wait for it….. I’m registering the truck today. Long story.
You must be registered for see images attach
Don’t forget to remove the protective film on those emblems.. you probably know, but they’re hard to see. It’s a common miss

410 John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4bbl 4 speed
Yeah, the one installed in the pic is removed. The marks on the sides of the caps are because my Father had knock offs screwed to the caps. I can deal with the scratches, for now. Time to drive and enjoy the truck!

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
The other day, I was going to continue cleaning underneath the C30, specifically degunking the sm465 transmission.
I changed my mind for some reason....

A piece of fiberglass…could make you itchy for sure

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I have now started with the front breaks and axle bearings.
I switched to ceramic for the front to get rid of brake dust on the wheels. After reading a few reviews on here and other places, I went with Power Stop. No complaints at all, actually feel better than regular ones. Do your research before you decide.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
The other day, I was going to continue cleaning underneath the C30, specifically degunking the sm465 transmission.
I changed my mind for some reason....

@Maknwine, I noticed you live in Virginia.​

How many species of snakes live in Virginia?​

There are 32 species of snake in Virginia, but only three are venomous (Cottonmouth, Copperhead and Timber Rattlesnake). Of these, only the Copperhead and Timber Rattlesnake occur in Southwest Virginia. Cottonmouths (aka water-moccasins) are primarily found in southeastern Virginia. Some of the more commonly encountered harmless (nonvenomous) snakes in Southwest Virginia include the Eastern Milksnake, Northern Ring-necked Snake, Eastern Ratsnake (aka Blacksnake), Black Racer, and Northern Watersnake, which is often misidentified as a Cottonmouth.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size

@Maknwine, I noticed you live in Virginia.​

How many species of snakes live in Virginia?​

There are 32 species of snake in Virginia, but only three are venomous (Cottonmouth, Copperhead and Timber Rattlesnake). Of these, only the Copperhead and Timber Rattlesnake occur in Southwest Virginia. Cottonmouths (aka water-moccasins) are primarily found in southeastern Virginia. Some of the more commonly encountered harmless (nonvenomous) snakes in Southwest Virginia include the Eastern Milksnake, Northern Ring-necked Snake, Eastern Ratsnake (aka Blacksnake), Black Racer, and Northern Watersnake, which is often misidentified as a Cottonmouth.
Where I'm at we have tons of diamond back rattlesnakes taste pretty good if you soak em in hot sauce and toss them on the bbq

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Hello GMSB Buddies! I hope all is well with all of you and your loved ones.

Well I have finally started back on the old west Texas ranch work horse truck after getting the 1999 Tahoe 2 door 4x4 going again. (last year of the 2 door Tahoe).

I try to do as much as I can as possible to the best of my abilities.
I move very, very slow. As some of you know, I have had several cervical and lumbar surgeries with a bunch of hardware left inside me.

So far in the last 2 months, I have gotten to replace the valve cover gaskets, the oil pan gasket, replaced old plugs with new plugs and wires, new transmission oil pan, transmission oil filter, and new transmission oil pan gasket. Replaced the timing belt cover, new seal and gasket. New belts.

Did a Q-Jet carb kit on it. Ran good, but only for a couple of minutes. I still have a lot of work to do.

I have replaced the gas tank with a new Spectra gas tank. Checked the sending unit and replaced the in tank pickup filter. Old tank was punctured and crudely patched.
New fuel pump, new power steering, new water pump.

I am waiting on the Raybestos rotors.

Best price I found on the bearings was on Amazon Timken brand all made in USA.
Only the Timken seal was made in Taiwan.

I would like to ask if by any chance there is any member that might have 2 good condition pre-owned Corporate 10 bolt or Dana 44 spindles?

If they are within my possibilities at this time I would like to buy them and also pay for the shipping.

I had been hesitant to post my K as most of the trucks here are pretty nice trucks, but here is just the couple I have of my K at this time.

My progress is very slooooow.... lol

Be well and stay safe out there. It is HOTTER :flamingdevil: than all heck everywhere!

Best wishes to you and all of your loved ones always!

Dryriver1
I have a pair, I rebuilt my dana44 and replaced them, no pitting but you can see in the pictures they are used. Your welcome to them just reimburse me for the postage.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Hello GMSB Buddies! I hope all is well with all of you and your loved ones.

Well I have finally started back on the old west Texas ranch work horse truck after getting the 1999 Tahoe 2 door 4x4 going again. (last year of the 2 door Tahoe).

I try to do as much as I can as possible to the best of my abilities.
I move very, very slow. As some of you know, I have had several cervical and lumbar surgeries with a bunch of hardware left inside me.

So far in the last 2 months, I have gotten to replace the valve cover gaskets, the oil pan gasket, replaced old plugs with new plugs and wires, new transmission oil pan, transmission oil filter, and new transmission oil pan gasket. Replaced the timing belt cover, new seal and gasket. New belts.

Did a Q-Jet carb kit on it. Ran good, but only for a couple of minutes. I still have a lot of work to do.

I have replaced the gas tank with a new Spectra gas tank. Checked the sending unit and replaced the in tank pickup filter. Old tank was punctured and crudely patched.
New fuel pump, new power steering, new water pump.

I am waiting on the Raybestos rotors.

Best price I found on the bearings was on Amazon Timken brand all made in USA.
Only the Timken seal was made in Taiwan.

I would like to ask if by any chance there is any member that might have 2 good condition pre-owned Corporate 10 bolt or Dana 44 spindles?

If they are within my possibilities at this time I would like to buy them and also pay for the shipping.

I had been hesitant to post my K as most of the trucks here are pretty nice trucks, but here is just the couple I have of my K at this time.

My progress is very slooooow.... lol

Be well and stay safe out there. It is HOTTER :flamingdevil: than all heck everywhere!

Best wishes to you and all of your loved ones always!

Dryriver1
Compare the pictures first, there are two styles these are from a 73 K10

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size