What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
Started in on the cab, after this it will be wiring and firewall pad, haven't decided on the A/C yet OEM or other!
Still need to work on the manual shifting but need to prep the cab first so I can install pedals and steering column.
You must be registered for see images attach

chevelle427

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just figuring out how to post here
1974 c10 anyone know where the yellow taillight wire gets its power from.
My dash lights are gone
Power to the yellow and green gone
I have 2 hot sites on dash plug but the circuit they touch is not hot.
Any idea
Changed out light switch no difference
Have another dash cluster coming Wednesday hope it works

Backyard

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Hood sits down fine. You can see in thr pictures I had to cut the one end where the spring would attach so it would clear the hood pistons. I used 23" long pistons with a 9 inch stroke 100lb.

All that being said It does feel a but tough at first to close but not enough to do any damage to the hood. I am using old wore out hood hinges that i do plan on replacing I would imagine that would make it a bit easier to close

I am happy with thr results so far.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Got the lens installed on the sun visor. I put black silicon under them to keep moisture away from the leds.

Backyard

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Short video attached of the hood pistons/ struts open/ close

Subscribe and it will give me all more reason to share on you tube

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve

Subscribe and it will give me all more reason to share on you tube my projects and fab

That's awesome!! I want to do that with my international scout! It's just about out of arms reach lol

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Had multiple delays to get my cab in paint so been tweaking this idea of using a Benz Sprinter van's tire carrier for my spare. Had the tire mounted to the rim for accurate size/weight. All the chains is how its suspended while making a jig that centers it where it needs to be. The class 5 hitch says I need to relocate the spare, which isn't happening. I trimmed off the most forward (4th) underside mount hole on it (which aligned with nothing but air) and am adding 3/4" steel plates that will attach it to the sides of the frame with (8) 5/8" Grade 8 bolts. I sent a drawing to Draw Tite's tech dept to see how they thought it would fare strength wise. Removing that extension allows the full size (33") tire to just fit. No room to 'spare'.

The small rear brake line bracket has two 5/16 holes that will work perfectly for a 1/4 thick plate extension to the front hinges. I had a new brake flex line made with a 90* on one end so as not to rub the tire.

The last pic is the back of the carrier. Been thinking of something as fancy as a gate latch (on both sides) to hold it up, or perhaps something as simple as 2 hooks with a turn buckle in the middle. Dunno. Carrier is a 1/2" bar and most latches are 3/8, so not sure if they even make one that would work. Carrier brackets will be powder coated before permanently moving in.

Ajax19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ajax
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
I'm surprised you don't have ethanol free fuel at various gas stations due to the amount of classic cars CA has! Go to this website posted below. Here people list what stations has ethanol free fuel.

I'll check it out I have already been running the 87 octane without issues (after upgraded accelerator pump to viton) I keep the timing really conservative whopping 6-8°btdc(can't remember now stock is 4°) driving and hauling good went and got another yard of topsoil for the garden yesterday I also wired up the fogs last week hope everyone had a good 4th
quick video accelerating with 2-3000 lbs of dirt in the back

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230708-210613.png
    Screenshot_20230708-210613.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230708-210826.png
    Screenshot_20230708-210826.png
    725.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230708-210742.png
    Screenshot_20230708-210742.png
    500.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

vr1967

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Virgil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
6.2L turbo
Had multiple delays to get my cab in paint so been tweaking this idea of using a Benz Sprinter van's tire carrier for my spare. Had the tire mounted to the rim for accurate size/weight. All the chains is how its suspended while making a jig that centers it where it needs to be. The class 5 hitch says I need to relocate the spare, which isn't happening. I trimmed off the most forward (4th) underside mount hole on it (which aligned with nothing but air) and am adding 3/4" steel plates that will attach it to the sides of the frame with (8) 5/8" Grade 8 bolts. I sent a drawing to Draw Tite's tech dept to see how they thought it would fare strength wise. Removing that extension allows the full size (33") tire to just fit. No room to 'spare'.

The small rear brake line bracket has two 5/16 holes that will work perfectly for a 1/4 thick plate extension to the front hinges. I had a new brake flex line made with a 90* on one end so as not to rub the tire.

The last pic is the back of the carrier. Been thinking of something as fancy as a gate latch (on both sides) to hold it up, or perhaps something as simple as 2 hooks with a turn buckle in the middle. Dunno. Carrier is a 1/2" bar and most latches are 3/8, so not sure if they even make one that would work. Carrier brackets will be powder coated before permanently moving in.

Looks good.
Doing something very similar on my 84 k1500, using the spare winch and frame hanger from an 04 Dodge Ram. Got it mocked up close, just need to pull the bed again to double check and finalize position

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres

Subscribe and it will give me all more reason to share on you tube my projects and fab

Wow

Tinker

Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Installed the powder coated wheel wells. Looks much better under the hood now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
di11ard