What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Replaced the wiper motors in both the dually and the burb. BOTH lost their ability to do the intermittent thing at almost the same time last fall :happy175: Luckily that job is pretty simple and they use the exact same part :)

Almost done installing a sub in the burb. Just been doing it in 30 minutes spurts here and there the last couple of weeks. Should have it finished up tonight, I think.

Also have a pile of parts for the front of the dually. Upper and lower controls arms, springs, spring rubbers and mounting hardware. When I first got the truck I rebuilt the front end entirely other than the control arm bushings. Well, now those bushings are really noisy and the lower ball joints are junk again :rolleyes: But the other parts are still good (inner and outer tie rods, pitman arm, sway bar bushings,....) so I decided to just bite the bullet and replace upper and lower arms and do the springs, too, just for good measure. Just gotta make time to do the job and then get the alignment immediately after.

Don't forget the alignment tool I sent ya bud. Take measurements off the rotor before disassembly and you can dial it in pretty close on assembly until you take it into the shop for the final settings. Measure camber wheels straight and castor wheels turned half way off the rotor face.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
48-53 had it on the inside. I would imagine 53-59 also would be inside. So far it's seeming like gm trucks only did a firewall mount for 12 years lol.
I knew 60s series were in the engine compartment, and I am glad they are, it so easy to do maintenance on them. I think it's 12 or 14 screws, pop the top off, and you have total access to the heater core.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Ohhh, I see now. Thanks! I've done cores on other vehicles, just never a square. That's gonna be a huge PITA considering my computer and half my swap harness is directly above the box
Take the glovebox out first.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Looks good! I know this is a few page's ago but i thought id share what I did to my 78 when i converted a/c to non a/c to make room for the turbo. I alongated the non a/c fan housing to cover the hole and used existing a/c heater core and blower motor resistor. The heater works good that's all I care about.

How do you access the heater hose clamps? Do you have to remove the cover?

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
How do you access the heater hose clamps? Do you have to remove the cover?
Yes I would lol, and when I do ill add a pipe in that sticks out. It would be pretty easy. also It's important to seal around the pipes coming out to keep out exhaust fumes.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Don't forget the alignment tool I sent ya bud. Take measurements off the rotor before disassembly and you can dial it in pretty close on assembly until you take it into the shop for the final settings. Measure camber wheels straight and castor wheels turned half way off the rotor face.
Yeah, that'll be new for me! I've never done it before but look forward to using it and learning some new stuff :D

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Rebuilt the carb on my 250 - 6. Its the original Rochester. Had tags that it was rebuilt by rochester, and Holley on it. The rebuild went fine until final assembly. Took about 30 minutes to assemble, until "the hard part". Getting all the damn rods and itty bitty circular clips back on and in the right place, and working.. Took about 3 hours. There are no alternate carburetors for this engine without changing the cylinder head, so rebuilt at least its third time. Will take a week or two before the truck is running. Working on other items as well.

Attachments

• before-carb.jpeg
    before-carb.jpeg
    213.6 KB · Views: 27
  • complete after rebuild.jpeg
    complete after rebuild.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 29
  • The hard part.jpeg
    The hard part.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Apart.jpeg
    Apart.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 27

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Put new air filter on hooked up electric choke and checked headlights grounds. They were good.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are those Bowtie wingnuts still available somewhere or did you already have it?

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Got the distributor i ordered today for my blazer.
Billet housing, red cap, 65k coil, a set of 9-10mm HP plug wires, a pig tail for power and tach signal, and extra boots and prongs to redo or shorten wires.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Replaced the steering stabilizer and shocks. It had the quad shocks, but decided to just go with singles on the front. The old shocks and stabilizer were shot and it rides and handles so much better now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello