What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Dropped the ass end of the Durrty Thurrty another inch. Still too high, may pull the overload. I don't want to flip the axle because the front is as low as I can go on the 19.5's and I like them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dude where has this thing been? Does it have its own thread?

Gordy1

Reaction score
First Name
Gordy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well I say good morning to her on way to work and say goodnight to her for last 4 months. Too cold to work on. All I've doon lately is make lists of what I want to do vs what I need to do. Hopefully will warm up soon so I can really get going on it

Attachments

• 20220903_135936.jpg
    20220903_135936.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220904_164014.jpg
    20220904_164014.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 39

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Drove it. Was running great. Took off from a red light, running great and then it started running like crap. Weather hasn't been cooperating on the weekends, so wish I had a shelter for those bad weather days.

618Syndicate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Duramax
Dude where has this thing been? Does it have its own thread?
It doesn't. I mentioned it in my intro thread, but it probably deserves it's own. Bittersweet, I bought it from the widow of a good friend, and honestly after the wheel bearing it needs it's at the bottom of my list to fix up, but I'll start a thread on it.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Looks great! Now I’d be afraid to scratch that stuff! Lol
So what’s the scoop on this stuff? More like Rhino or Linex? Did you shoot any scrap metal for some durability testing?
DIY kits forthcoming?
I was a little worried to start with but I just ripped the bandaid off lol. Been hauling stuff in it all weekend, I’ll have to wash it out with a brush this week and see what it looks like. The toolbox I hauled is what I’m worried about. Probably shoulda put my rubber mat down, whoops haha. I’ll update ya once I clean it

It’s probably more like Linex I would say. I like the texture, it’s slightly rougher than LineX. No scrap metal or anything, we just yolo’d the truck haha. The kits will be out sometime around May/Juneish

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ I was expecting you’d use it like a truck! How do ya sell something that you haven’t durability tested yourself? Haha. The movie Tommy Boy comes to mind!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well I say good morning to her on way to work and say goodnight to her for last 4 months. Too cold to work on. All I've doon lately is make lists of what I want to do vs what I need to do. Hopefully will warm up soon so I can really get going on it
Wow! Beautiful truck!!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
^ I was expecting you’d use it like a truck! How do ya sell something that you haven’t durability tested yourself? Haha. The movie Tommy Boy comes to mind!
Exactly! I've got a truckload to unload today and then I plan to scrub it out and see how bad the damage is. Funny part is, one of my other marketing guys was talking to me about maybe having my truck in their booth for SEMA and to not use it hard this year to preserve it. Too late! :lol: We had even told them I'll be a good durability tester for the new product, that was half the reason I got the nod for it, so I put it to work right away.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yesterday, got the tach instrument cluster installed for test and greased the front end. First time it’s been off jackstands for months. All good. Temp gauge still doesn’t work, so next thing is to get a new sensor (that fits). Goes “hot” when grounded. Everything else checks out. Man, it looks good and I really like it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Today my buddy stopped over and we reassembled the interior. The carpet rug from the jungle website on the dash actually blends well. No, it’s not hiding any flaws. Why do you say? How dare you !;)

Next we used the tach to dial in the timing to my liking. Nice and snappy, though I’m going to adjust the accelerator pump arm setting on the Edelbrock to try to get rid of the occasional stumble on a quick “braap “. Overall running VERY good. Since the engine is barely broken in, next is to change the oil again and wait for weather good enough for the first test drive. THE DAY HAS COME. Really, I’m running out of things I want to do, last thing will be to wait for warmer weather to put the side trim on and apply the VGG patina preserver Shine Juice after the Comet wash. Mostly, time to save up for the lowering kit that @bluex took the time to make a sticky post about. No, there’s no tears of happiness here. Not at all.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Yesterday, got the tach instrument cluster installed for test and greased the front end. First time it’s been off jackstands for months. All good. Temp gauge still doesn’t work, so next thing is to get a new sensor (that fits). Goes “hot” when grounded. Everything else checks out. Man, it looks good and I really like it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Today my buddy stopped over and we reassembled the interior. The carpet rug from the jungle website on the dash actually blends well. No, it’s not hiding any flaws. Why do you say? How dare you !;)

Next we used the tach to dial in the timing to my liking. Nice and snappy, though I’m going to adjust the accelerator pump arm setting on the Edelbrock to try to get rid of the occasional stumble on a quick “braap “. Overall running VERY good. Since the engine is barely broken in, next is to change the oil again and wait for weather good enough for the first test drive. THE DAY HAS COME. Really, I’m running out of things I want to do, last thing will be to wait for warmer weather to put the side trim on and apply the VGG patina preserver Shine Juice after the Comet wash. Mostly, time to save up for the lowering kit that @bluex took the time to make a sticky post about. No, there’s no tears of happiness here. Not at all.

"jungle website" was going to say that you watch too much VGG, then you started talking about the patina paint preserver. Yeah, I'd definitely drink a beer with ya Chad. Nice rig too!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
"jungle website" was going to say that you watch too much VGG, then you started talking about the patina paint preserver. Yeah, I'd definitely drink a beer with ya Chad. Nice rig too!
Come on over and have a wobblepop! And thanks for the compliment!

Last edited:

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Cleaned up and painted the air cleaner with some color bond under hood semigloss while I wait on all my front end parts to trickle in. Baby steps but steps anyway lol.

Attachments

• 20230301_175120.jpg
    20230301_175120.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30