What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So I finally got my lock out of my glove box.... with a 6 inch cut off wheel lol! Ready to install new lock and glove box on SAt.
Eric

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I wish I'd have watched this before I did it....

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'm gonna watch it tonight! Quick scan thru it, he used 8 clips along the back of the cab. One of the parts places, LMC I think, said 5 required. How many did you use?

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Today, so far, I reversed the side grill trim to put them back on the right sides. I also wrapped the wires going to the passenger side of the engine (choke, alternator, and starter) in heat resistant loom and tape. The previous loom was plastic and basically fell apart every time it was touched.

You must be registered for see images attach
Ah... so much better.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I'm having big issues my my hydraulic clutch on my 86 right now too.
Pedal goes all the way to the floor, and it still wont shift. Low grinds, and 2 3 4 and R just wont go.
Master, slave or both need to be rebuilt. Flush the entire system too.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
Afternoon session:

I was pretty excited this afternoon as my rear bumper showed up. Something didn't look right about the box though. Upon inspection I found the bumper bowed and a couple of dings in the top. I hate the thought of having to take this back to UPS and waiting on another one.
Decided to continue on so I pulled the rear drive shaft to replace the leaking TC output seal and install new u joints. Seal was a piece of cake. The u joints on the other hand weren't. After hearing the new one pop I measured the new ones against the old ones. New ones are 1/8" longer thus explaining why the end punched out.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I recognize that interior from Youtube.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
I decided to take the bowed bumper and set it up behind the truck to see what it would look like. It was barely noticeable, so I went ahead and installed it. Also put the new Husky floor mats in the cab to protect the new flooring I put in recently. Next up is the exhaust system. I received the Y-pipe today so out comes the crappy dual exhaust someone hacked in previously.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I decided to take the bowed bumper and set it up behind the truck to see what it would look like. It was barely noticeable, so I went ahead and installed it. Also put the new Husky floor mats in the cab to protect the new flooring I put in recently. Next up is the exhaust system. I received the Y-pipe today so out comes the crappy dual exhaust someone hacked in previously.

Where did you get the huskies?! Are they universal or square specific?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Trying to get the ole truck finished up. Have stalled out on it for a while. Got a bunch of parts here or on the way.
New shocks and stabilizer. Skyjacker seems to have perfect fit and size. Won’t be here til tomorrow.
Rest of the trim pieces, emblems and hardware for inside and out. Now can get the new dash in and cab molding on.
New mufflers to replace the rotted out ones.
And last night I went after a leaking header gasket. I thought.
Found out it was leaking between one of the tubes and the flange. No big deal, new gasket and weld up what I thought was a bad weld maybe. Then I poked a screwdriver through the tubing! Gotta remove it and see how bad it is. I’m sure I can fix this spot, unless the rest of it is also rusting out.
So this is all I’ve completed and can’t even do it right. The repop emblems are not conducive to sticky tape and can’t reach inside fenders.
Got some work to doo.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Trying to get the ole truck finished up. Have stalled out on it for a while. Got a bunch of parts here or on the way.
New shocks and stabilizer. Skyjacker seems to have perfect fit and size. Won’t be here til tomorrow.
Rest of the trim pieces, emblems and hardware for inside and out. Now can get the new dash in and cab molding on.
New mufflers to replace the rotted out ones.
And last night I went after a leaking header gasket. I thought.
Found out it was leaking between one of the tubes and the flange. No big deal, new gasket and weld up what I thought was a bad weld maybe. Then I poked a screwdriver through the tubing! Gotta remove it and see how bad it is. I’m sure I can fix this spot, unless the rest of it is also rusting out.
So this is all I’ve completed and can’t even do it right. The repop emblems are not conducive to sticky tape and can’t reach inside fenders.
Got some work to doo.
Not conducive to sticky tape ya say? Well crap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet