What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I still think its ugly and hate when people put it in squares. Just like the mid 90s cavy steering wheel people like to use, i hate it!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Well, my dually has a 4-spoke wheel from an '87 Cavalier station wagon... I tell people it's from a Chevelle, :rofl:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well, my dually has a 4-spoke wheel from an '87 Cavalier station wagon... I tell people it's from a Chevelle, :rofl:
OMG ANDY!!!! Of all the wheels ya coulda used!......ill GIVE you a better one for FREE!!! lol Hell i even hate the gmt400 wheels in older trucks but theyre better then cavy wheels! Lol

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
All the Chevelles I've had were 2 spokes.

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Installed a kill switch and ran all the wires over the weekend. Still trying to determine best place to access.....And no, I wont tell you the final mounting spot.....evil laugh to follow.....

Attachments

• IMG_5020.jpg
    IMG_5020.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Door - Inside.jpg
    Door - Inside.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5022.jpg
    IMG_5022.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5021.jpg
    IMG_5021.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 47

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
OMG ANDY!!!! Of all the wheels ya coulda used!......ill GIVE you a better one for FREE!!! lol Hell i even hate the gmt400 wheels in older trucks but theyre better then cavy wheels! Lol

Bah! You just don't know a good thing when you see it!

:rofl:

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
After waiting for ever and getting the wrong one, my 700r4 from jegs finally came in today.

Now just need to get it in there.

mcarlo86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I still think its ugly and hate when people put it in squares. Just like the mid 90s cavy steering wheel people like to use, i hate it!!
I really wanted one of these wheels to put in my '86 Monte Carlo back when I was in college in the late '90's. I knew a girl in college who had a Z34 Lumina with that wheel in it. I thought that car was so cool....haha

*Edit* I guess this was the wheel I wanted for my Monte Carlo back then....

Truck_Norris85K10

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale K10
Engine Size
Finally got the dash all done. Floor is rust treated and rhino lined.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I really wanted one of these wheels to put in my '86 Monte Carlo back when I was in college in the late '90's. I knew a girl in college who had a Z34 Lumina with that wheel in it. I thought that car was so cool....haha

*Edit* I guess this was the wheel I wanted for my Monte Carlo back then....

Those were a comfortable steering wheel. IMHO, a good option for a truck. I put one in a friend's '89 Camaro and it was a bit larger than a stock Camaro steering wheel.

I'm curious where you found that picture. That Z34 looks like brand spankin' new.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size

Regardless of the choice of steering wheel I gotta ask, and this is a legitimate question, what the heck is wrong with the factory steering wheel? Do ya think most folks swap them out BC they want a different look or is it a functional thing in some way?

Khayward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban SLE
Engine Size
Been tinkering away on the '90 here and there - replaced evaporator core after investigating the AC - was able to jump the clutch and it sounded fine so decided to try and charge the system. As soon as I shut it off I could hear hissing from the air box (Not the kind you sometimes hear inside the pipes) Had the joyful experience of pulling the airbox apart, was loads of fun working things around the rear air and rear heat lines. Even more fun reassembling, but I did use the right strip-calk stuff for sealing, have a bunch leftover...
Dropped the old bus off at an exhaust shop yesterday morning for a set of straight pipes - was interesting driving all the way there with nothing after the Y pipe. Also managed to decorate the back window with a classy Greta 'How dare you' sticker, which the exhaust guy greatly appreciated.
Did get the check engine light a few times on the highway but we'll see if that's lessened with some back pressure when I pick it up on Tuesday. I do think the injectors are perhaps not working so hot.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Regardless of the choice of steering wheel I gotta ask, and this is a legitimate question, what the heck is wrong with the factory steering wheel? Do ya think most folks swap them out BC they want a different look or is it a functional thing in some way?
For me it's about increasing BWC, that's belly to wheel clearance. The factory diameter wheel leaves little room for uh personal growth.... the forever sharp looks great and will give me the clearance I desire.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Mine was for looks because i love the style of the one i put on. Have the same one on both trucks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Looks is a large part of it for me. But I also prefer a thicker and padded rim. I prefer a smaller diameter as well, but that's not quite as important to me.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
For me it's about increasing BWC, that's belly to wheel clearance. The factory diameter wheel leaves little room for uh personal growth.... the forever sharp looks great and will give me the clearance I desire.

Mine was for looks because i love the style of the one i put on. Have the same one on both trucks.

Looks is a large part of it for me. But I also prefer a thicker and padded rim. I prefer a smaller diameter as well, but that's not quite as important to me.
I'm not convinced on the looks thing, but that's obviously personal preference. I did one of those fake leather wrap things (picture below), it's on the factory wheel, but then I have good memories of these things, back in the day it seemed really luxurious to have this on your wheel and not have to handle the freezing cold hard plastic in the winter, and burning hot plastic in the summer. I do understand that a smaller wheel has it's advantages as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68