What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Something like this?
You must be registered for see images attach
Yup, just about. Except my adapter is open bore instead of porper dual plane. I just rounded off the corners on both sides, to match to shape much better. For a smoother transition, from one to another. Before they're were alot of blunt edges.
I did a bunch more after that picture too.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Hey Zach, do y'all sell that transmission crossmember in the first picture and will it fit a 700R4?
Sure don't, we actually don't sell any crossmembers for trucks at all. That's a Tejas Steelworks crossmember. It'll definitely work on a 700R4, this is it's younger cousin, the 4L60. Very nice piece, I highly recommend it. Just gotta drill a couple holes in the frame, bolt it up and you're good to go

Last edited:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Over the weekend I worked on relocating my aux trans cooler, running the wires for the fans on it, cleaning up and looming the wiring in the engine back and did a little grille mod I've had in mind for a long time

**Apparently I forgot to take a picture after I remounted it. Here you can see it follows the kick up in the frame (this is the pass side looking rearward), so it wasn't getting enough airflow. I clocked the back down and the front up a little so it's actually getting airflow through it but kept it away from the floor enough for the fans to work.

This is mid-drilling the new holes to re-clock it and running the wire.

Engine bay before and after. All the wires from the swap were just tangled together and zip tied up to the fender before, it looked awful. Now I can show off my SloshTubz without making excuses for the wiring :happy107:

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
For the grille, I'd had this idea of using an NBS emblem on a base model '85-up Silverado grille for a while. I know for a fact I've found this grille that was made to work with dual headlights in the past but I cannot for the life of me find one on the market now.

Did some horse trading with a buddy, he bought a K10 that had a homemade version on it. It's ugly but solid!

Scuffed the center bar and washed/degreased it

Taped it off and applied adhesion promoter and some Duplicolor Perfect Match GM Light Blue Metallic

All done!

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Finished product with some fresh headlight bezels. I love how it turned out! It's a little dark but I didn't clear it in hopes that it'll fade and weather over time

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
For the grille, I'd had this idea of using an NBS emblem on a base model '85-up Silverado grille for a while. I know for a fact I've found this grille that was made to work with dual headlights in the past but I cannot for the life of me find one on the market now.

That’s what I did. $20 Craigslist from some guy who had way more emblems than anyone could probably collect…legally anyways! No solid center bar on the grille so I had to get real creative on the mounting. Luckily that part isn’t visible.

Did some horse trading with a buddy, he bought a K10 that had a homemade version on it. It's ugly but solid!

Scuffed the center bar and washed/degreased it

Taped it off and applied adhesion promoter and some Duplicolor Perfect Match GM Light Blue Metallic

All done!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^ my ******* response is embedded in the quote…oops

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Over the weekend I worked on relocating my aux trans cooler, running the wires for the fans on it, cleaning up and looming the wiring in the engine back and did a little grille mod I've had in mind for a long time

**Apparently I forgot to take a picture after I remounted it. Here you can see it follows the kick up in the frame (this is the pass side looking rearward), so it wasn't getting enough airflow. I clocked the back down and the front up a little so it's actually getting airflow through it but kept it away from the floor enough for the fans to work.

This is mid-drilling the new holes to re-clock it and running the wire.

Engine bay before and after. All the wires from the swap were just tangled together and zip tied up to the fender before, it looked awful. Now I can show off my SloshTubz without making excuses for the wiring :happy107:

pic of ecm location and guessing battery on drivers side? AC original truck? Guessing you extended the harness if it's by the headlights. Need to clean mine up is why I ask.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Well not really done to it.... YET! BUT.... I just bought these headers to put on when my engine swap is complete (hopefully this weekend). Ceramic coated stainless, 1- 5/8" primaries and all hardware pictured included (i hope!). $210 free shipping!! Plus i bought the spark plug boot thermal protector sleeves to not burn my boots.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Still waiting on the 700r4 from jegs I ordered over a month ago. Was supposed to be delivered yesterday but nope. So I was gonna contact them this morning. Well opened my inbox and found this. :(

FJB!!!!!

OldSchool C-10

Reaction score
First Name
Floyd
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
4.1L Six
Been working on honey-do projects like painting our shed and building a new chicken coop so Old School has been on hold. Sorry for the nasty floor but we had one of our famous Florida rains last night. UPS man brought new patch panels for the inner outer rocker panels from JL Fabrication in VA. BTW, I have the 4.1L six available if anyone needs it, running when I took it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe