What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks, and same to you. Seat looks great, I wanted to ask if you have sat on it yet? Looks like you should get many years of service out of it.
First thing I did before I dropped the money in his mailbox! (He was not home and left it out for me to pick up). Felt pretty plush on my tush.
I’d expect it to hold up well also. Didn’t replace the seat bottom foam.
It was in pretty good shape. Not desintigrating at all. And he cut and fixed and bolstered the drivers side bottom and seat back.
Truck will likely never be a daily driver though. Which will add to the lifespan a lot.
My only frustration is despite the guys obvious skill and fair price, it was difficult to get him to do a pattern that he didn’t already basically have committed to memory! Old dog new tricks thing.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I did a full TMI black interior in my ’83, it came out great I think. It takes a little drilling and fitting, but was all pretty easy to swap and it looks clean I think! I also did an autometer invision digital dash which I love, a hurst shifter as well.
Wow stunning, man!
I normally turn my nose up just a bit at “full custom” interiors that don’t have any semblance to OE look.
But that was done RIGHT and looks like you’re sitting in a new sports car!!

And frankly by the under hood pic, I’m sure absolutely embarrasses most new sports cars! Wow!

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Finally getting to the fuel filter leak on my CUCV (been in Denver helping my son on a major remodel). Looks like someone already removed the water sensor and plugged it, so I am just going to replace tbe who!e darn thing with a spin on fi!ter. What should I do with the wires for tne water sensor and I guess the fuel heater?
Get a spin on unit that has those accesories and hook them back up. WIF can be a major catastrophy to an injection pump.

waterpirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
5.7 tbi
So I left the body shop 10 days ago, with what I thought was a short punch list to finish up. I have concluded that these trucks are never finished. lol Any whoo I drilled and tapped the white wagon wheels today to accept the factory rally center caps. It was a tedious proccess but i think the results are worth the effort. I have seen a million trucks with wagon wheels and no center caps, and a million more with the cheesy push through caps available for them. I have never seen them with the factory rally caps till today.
Eric

Attachments

• DSCN0771.JPG
    DSCN0771.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN0772.JPG
    DSCN0772.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN0773.JPG
    DSCN0773.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 59

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So I left the body shop 10 days ago, with what I thought was a short punch list to finish up. I have concluded that these trucks are never finished. lol Any whoo I drilled and tapped the white wagon wheels today to accept the factory rally center caps. It was a tedious proccess but i think the results are worth the effort. I have seen a million trucks with wagon wheels and no center caps, and a million more with the cheesy push through caps available for them. I have never seen them with the factory rally caps till today.
Eric

Nice work!

ReefkoiC10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS3
Wow stunning, man!
I normally turn my nose up just a bit at “full custom” interiors that don’t have any semblance to OE look.
But that was done RIGHT and looks like you’re sitting in a new sports car!!

And frankly by the under hood pic, I’m sure absolutely embarrasses most new sports cars! Wow!
Thanks man! Yeah I wanted to retain that 83 Silverado feel with some modern touches :)

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Made some big leaps today on my 350.
Got the new oil pump on and cleaned and installed the old sump arm.
Cleaned the pan and got it on with new gaskets and goo. Put the intake on, as well as the valve covers, manifolds, oil pump, thermostat and snout, plugs, new dipstick tube, carb and spacer.
You must be registered for see images attach

Just waiting on the distributor and clutch, and I have to get waterpump gaskets and plug wires.
Tomorrow I'll put the whole front accessories on, the starter, and some wiring, and get all the little stuff figured out.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Did what I did not want to do- put the black reman booster on.

:bawl:

Anodized OE made it 42 years, but on my test drive with the new oil on the way home the brakes got hard and I was hearing a loud whooshing while holding the pedal. Sometimes would not, but it was getting pretty consistent and manual power brakes suck.

Whooped my azz, too- it's hot, and I did not want to do it.

Not an option.

The oil and 2 booster pics.

Attachments

• 20220604_200028.jpg
    20220604_200028.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220605_121114.jpg
    20220605_121114.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220605_143801.jpg
    20220605_143801.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Did a little routine maintenance, a fresh oil and filter change. Also sprayed the wheel wells with some rattle can satin black. This has been bothering me and on my slightly lifted 4wd it was Very Noticeable. It's amazing what 5 minutes with a rattle can will do for the appearance of an old truck.

Before:

After:

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Tried starting it today, shared in my build thread but too excited not to share here too. We figure the anti theft in the PCM is allowing it to start but preventing it from running.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Tried starting it today, shared in my build thread but too excited not to share here too. We figure the anti theft in the PCM is allowing it to start but preventing it from running.

Sounds good from that little bit. Yup, that's how GM often did it. It will let it start, but not run.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8

Had that issue with one of my vortecs. Mine was a 98, and it had that weird passlock key, and I had put a non passlock 96 key in it, and it would start up and run for about 2 seconds then die. Computer won't recognize the key, because there's no magnet in the cylinder. Replaced it with a 98 key cylinder, and it fired right up amd stayed running.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Got it as far as I can go until I get my run stand back from my buddy.
Put on the waterpump, crank and water pump pulleies, the entire accessory bracketry, the starter, and main starter wire, oil pressure sensors, lift hooks, distributor, new plugs (gapped and anti-seized), throttle linkage brackets, and carb gaskets.

Modified my spread bore apdaptor to flow better, ground down to the proper shape for both carb and intake.
Once my clutch and throw out bearing come in and I've test run it, its going in.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got it as far as I can go until I get my run stand back from my buddy.
Put on the waterpump, crank and water pump pulleies, the entire accessory bracketry, the starter, and main starter wire, oil pressure sensors, lift hooks, distributor, new plugs (gapped and anti-seized), throttle linkage brackets, and carb gaskets.

Modified my spread bore apdaptor to flow better, ground down to the proper shape for both carb and intake.
Once my clutch and throw out bearing come in and I've test run it, its going in.

Something like this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbarham78