What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI
After work I decided to readjust the valves using the modified distributor cap. It was an invitation for a brain fade. After setting cylinder one at TDC and adjusting it's valves I could not move the harmonic balancer to the next position. I'm stumped until I remember the trans is not in Neutral. DUH! Easy Squeezy after that. Tomorrow I'll get everything else put back together and see if she starts up. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

wlwarnke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
where did you get the other battery tray from? I am gonna do the same at some point
I manned up and paid LMC’s shipping for it. Got the bolts, hold down and all. Then the Optima came with its own hold down…

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Put this in another "grill refurb" thread but double posting here.
Redid my grill. Wasn't as bad some of yours I've seen here but was starting to peel. It took some time to accomplish but really like the results.
You must be registered for see images attach
Looks great! I need to do mine baaadddddd

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had an issue a few months ago with the stock AC bracket not fitting with aftermarket (slightly taller) valve covers. Heard many say (on other boards) they cut part of the bracket out but the posts were old and the pics all gone. Many also said they cut the entire boss off.

I finally got around to marking and cutting it out - just posting how and where I trimmed it. That 4th boss is still very solid and works fine. Only thing left to do is my buddy is going to CNC mill / blend it smooth to make it look more stock than hack. lol

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
My coworker that I share an office with does have a sheep rack...

Sweet Dodge EC! What year? Looks like 70's cab/chassis and 80's bed? My Dad had one just like that '79.

@Old77

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Except his was fo buh fo...

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Sweet Dodge EC! What year? Looks like 70's cab/chassis and 80's bed? My Dad had one just like that '79.

@Old77
It's super nice! I'm not a Dodge guy but I love this one. It's a '93, last year for that bodystyle. Intercooled Cummins ('91-93 I believe for the intercooler), Getrag 5-speed, GearVendors overdrive unit, 2wd. Gray cloth buckets/console/PW/PL/tilt/cruise. Was originally silver but he painted it the OE green/teal color and added cab lights. He ordered one new in '93 just like this then traded it on an '98 half ton. Then around '05/06 he wanted another so he found this one and built it into a clone of his original.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
It's super nice! I'm not a Dodge guy but I love this one. It's a '93, last year for that bodystyle. Intercooled Cummins ('91-93 I believe for the intercooler), Getrag 5-speed, GearVendors overdrive unit, 2wd. Gray cloth buckets/console/PW/PL/tilt/cruise. Was originally silver but he painted it the OE green/teal color and added cab lights. He ordered one new in '93 just like this then traded it on an '98 half ton. Then around '05/06 he wanted another so he found this one and built it into a clone of his original.

They are rare birds! Especially 2wd.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
got the bedsides off today. Minor grinding and they came off. A heads up/reminder, if you forgot/missed one bolt on the bottom and it's ready to fall off without that bolt.....stop and put a bolt back in on the top side to hold it in place. I had one foot in the wheel-well and other knee on the outside to guide it away from me as it came off in my lap.

Had I not put the legs up in it, the bottom prolly would have fell on my throat.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I did a couple things with my '87 today. 3 months ago I installed an oil pressure sending unit and I wasn't happy with it. It was Chinesium and the gauge read about 15 pounds higher than I thought it should. It was the only one available locally so I went with it. Last week the gauge stuck on 45 psi and didn't move.

So I made use of the RockAuto discount I got from this forum and ordered a good quality sending unit. It came in today and my son and I installed it. Oil pressure at start up is just over 30psi which is what I expect from this motor.

For anyone interested, the new sending unit measures 3.8 ohms right out of the box. The old one is much, much higher...

A Bad Oil Pressure Sending Unit:

I also drove it over to my favorite-ex-brother-in-law's and swapped it out for the Bronco. We took the old Bronco all over the Tunica Hills area behind St. Francisville. I know this isn't a Square Body but I had such a good day today that I am going to post it anyway!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I did a couple things with my '87 today. 3 months ago I installed an oil pressure sending unit and I wasn't happy with it. It was Chinesium and the gauge read about 15 pounds higher than I thought it should. It was the only one available locally so I went with it. Last week the gauge stuck on 45 psi and didn't move.

So I made use of the RockAuto discount I got from this forum and ordered a good quality sending unit. It came in today and my son and I installed it. Oil pressure at start up is just over 30psi which is what I expect from this motor.

For anyone interested, the new sending unit measures 3.8 ohms right out of the box. The old one is much, much higher...

A Bad Oil Pressure Sending Unit:

I also drove it over to my favorite-ex-brother-in-law's and swapped it out for the Bronco. We took the old Bronco all over the Tunica Hills area behind St. Francisville. I know this isn't a Square Body but I had such a good day today that I am going to post it anyway!

Square or not, that thing is fricken awesome!!!! LOVE those old Bronco's like that! Very well worth posting about!

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Well, yesterday I FINALLY figured out a solution to the stupid LMC and every other place that has the WRONG window regulator rollers....all info is in my build thread, and on the "Interior" section of this forum if you guys have the same issue.

My younger brother stopped by today which was awesome as I hardly get to see them, and I fired this big pig up for him. This 455 is so effing cold blooded though, and don't have the choke working so she shot a flame damned near to the ceiling of my garage....not that I want to brag about my timing maybe being off!! He and his buddy were smiling ear to ear hearing this baby thumping away.

Roller issue solved!! LMC wrong roller, made right and to sit at same distance from arm the originals did.

Got the regulator put back in, and man does it work nice now!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Gone for the weekend. Sons hockey camp. It’s some good hockey.
Ain’t helping get the truck back together….
I did put a sticker on the tailgate this week though.
And found a bunch of places I need to do some more sanding and polishing. Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny1981k1500