What Exhaust Set up are you Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

benjaminearle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 LWB Fleetside
Engine Size
'97 L31 Vortec 5700
I'm running the Dynomax true dual 2.25" kit from Jegs with 14" Dynomax Turbos, stock side exits (still looking for '79 350Diesel oval tips/tailpipes with spark arrestors. I'd love to tell everyone how great it sounds but I now have a left manifold with a BRAND NEW tap broken off in it and a right side manifold with two sheared off studs. I think the previous owner used some crap harware from HomeDeport to make it up and it's all a annealed mess of busted steel.

So, i can either pull these manifolds and drill/tap the holes (assuming I can get that BRAND NEW tap out of one hole) and somehow eliinate the heat riser OR I can get a set of Camaro LT1 (90s) manifolds for free from a buddy.

Will they fit? I assume there's no problem mating to the heads (stock '79 350) but any other clearance issues?

Another option is a free set of 350Vortec manifolds - same fit questions.

BTW, the dual 2.25 with Turbos was under $225 shipped from Jegs and it's mandrel bent now (or at least very well-done crush bent) - no bumpy inside corners. The only place you can really tell is the 90deg bend on teh left head pipe, everything else is a very smooth bend. Watch out fot the head pipe to manifold flanges - the profided flanges had a larger bolt pattern and the old ones wouldn't go over the 2.25" pipes. Had to grind them out to fit over.

Zaar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zaar
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20/30
Engine Size
355 with flowtech headers, welded collectors since they love to leak and 2 1/4 to and from 40 series flowmasters out either side of the bed right before the bumper fyi the damn thing sounds like orville had his popcorn machine poppin away obviously thats the deal with a cammed motor the exaust sounds slightly funny none the less i do think i went with a way smaller diameter pipe should of went to 2 1/2 but oh well they had a special going on at summit lol.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I'm running the Dynomax true dual 2.25" kit from Jegs with 14" Dynomax Turbos, stock side exits (still looking for '79 350Diesel oval tips/tailpipes with spark arrestors. I'd love to tell everyone how great it sounds but I now have a left manifold with a BRAND NEW tap broken off in it and a right side manifold with two sheared off studs. I think the previous owner used some crap harware from HomeDeport to make it up and it's all a annealed mess of busted steel.

So, i can either pull these manifolds and drill/tap the holes (assuming I can get that BRAND NEW tap out of one hole) and somehow eliinate the heat riser OR I can get a set of Camaro LT1 (90s) manifolds for free from a buddy.

Will they fit? I assume there's no problem mating to the heads (stock '79 350) but any other clearance issues?

Another option is a free set of 350Vortec manifolds - same fit questions.

BTW, the dual 2.25 with Turbos was under $225 shipped from Jegs and it's mandrel bent now (or at least very well-done crush bent) - no bumpy inside corners. The only place you can really tell is the 90deg bend on teh left head pipe, everything else is a very smooth bend. Watch out fot the head pipe to manifold flanges - the profided flanges had a larger bolt pattern and the old ones wouldn't go over the 2.25" pipes. Had to grind them out to fit over.

Both the lt1 and vortec manifolds will fit, but you might need to modify your head pipes. only way to find out is to bolt them up.

benjaminearle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 LWB Fleetside
Engine Size
'97 L31 Vortec 5700
Both the lt1 and vortec manifolds will fit, but you might need to modify your head pipes. only way to find out is to bolt them up.

Always happy to work with the new pipes a little - extend, cut out, etc. Better than trying to force fit rusty old $#|+.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64