What Exhaust Set up are you Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
walker quite flow it is jim im not fond of flows because the simple fact of those rusting out in 3 yrs around here stock mufflers last around 10 years here before either rusting away or falling off.

87sierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
5.7L 350 TBI
stock manifolds and y pipe 3 inch to 3 inch cherybomb to 31/2 inch tailpipe infront of rear axle

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
walker quite flow it is jim im not fond of flows because the simple fact of those rusting out in 3 yrs around here stock mufflers last around 10 years here before either rusting away or falling off.

Thats what is on mine right now, despite my initial dissapointment of it not being as quiet as I expected, it was actually a tad quieter than my bigass Magnaflow.
But when money allows, my experimentation will continue.

i have everything clamped up right now so I can switch at will.
Next step for the magnaflow setup, is an 18" long 5x11" case on the up side in front of the axle.
I would also like, to try the resonators from Solo and Vibrant.
My aim is to be whisper quiet, but still wide open...even if its just interior noise.
Sorry for the Hijack.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
305, headers, dynomax exhaust, Hooker mufflers... I really like this setup, nice rumble, but really sounds great when you open the throttle.

350, headers, home brewed exhaust that exits at the rear axle, basic turbo mufflers... too quiet and don't care for it much.

454, stock, stock, stock... way too quiet!!

454, headers, 3" duals to Flowmaster mufflers, 2.5" tailpipes out the back with chrome tips... very deep and powerful sounding, not too loud in the truck, but very loud if you're behind it.

I like those Hooker mufflers more than any muffler I've ever run, but I do like Flowmasters on a big block and good ole glasspacks on a smallblock too. I like the exhaust to exit at the rear.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
305, headers, dynomax exhaust, Hooker mufflers... I really like this setup, nice rumble, but really sounds great when you open the throttle.

350, headers, home brewed exhaust that exits at the rear axle, basic turbo mufflers... too quiet and don't care for it much.

454, stock, stock, stock... way too quiet!!

454, headers, 3" duals to Flowmaster mufflers, 2.5" tailpipes out the back with chrome tips... very deep and powerful sounding, not too loud in the truck, but very loud if you're behind it.

I like those Hooker mufflers more than any muffler I've ever run, but I do like Flowmasters on a big block and good ole glasspacks on a smallblock too. I like the exhaust to exit at the rear.

What do you mean by dynamax exhaust with hookers mufflers

Last edited:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
My Glaspacks cackle, but when i get on it, you can definetly tell a few blocks away.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What do you mean by dynamax exhaust with hookers mufflers

It's a crush-bent Dynomax dual exhaust kit (comes without mufflers) with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers.

thaddybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Thad
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Manifolds, 2.5 inch pipe, glasspacks, bent out to the corners of the box with 3.5 inch tips. To loud though, sometimes I feel bad about starting it up in the mornings.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Manifolds, 2.5 inch pipe, glasspacks, bent out to the corners of the box with 3.5 inch tips. To loud though, sometimes I feel bad about starting it up in the mornings.

You are your neighbors alarm clock:D

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
You are your neighbors alarm clock:D

And another reason to have firearms... Don't bee an ******* if you have neighbors in close proximity, because they can be even bigger ******** back, only, they would have the law on their side.

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
It's a crush-bent Dynomax dual exhaust kit (comes without mufflers) with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers.

Where did you get it from

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Where did you get it from

Jeg's. I recommend the Hooker exhaust though, it fit's a little better and has mandrel bends. When we bought the Dynomax exhaust, I thought the Hooker kit had been discontinued. But on the other hand, if it's just a weeny 305 like mine, the Dynomax crush bends really won't matter.

I'd rather hear a rumbling V-8 then a damn rooster

I'd rather hear a rumbling V8 than an alarm clock :)

fowjacob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
c3500
Engine Size
383 Stroker
Jeg's. I recommend the Hooker exhaust though, it fit's a little better and has mandrel bends. When we bought the Dynomax exhaust, I thought the Hooker kit had been discontinued. But on the other hand, if it's just a weeny 305 like mine, the Dynomax crush bends really won't matter.

I'd rather hear a rumbling V8 than an alarm clock :)

I wonder if they make one for a crew cab long box

My alarm clock is a rumbling v-8 just not a real one haha :sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweeter68