USA1 Industries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The right side was ok. Lined up with the cluster and fit the pad. As you know there isn't much if any side to side adjustment. It either fits or doesn't. Apparently from other posts here the earlier 73 up style fits decent, 81 up not so much.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
The level of mismanagement at USA1 is astounding. I tried to call three times at opening this morning and once just now, no one answers the phone. I only called because the website will not allow me to order an 81-87 Saddle Tan sample kit on my own for unknown reasons. I can't understand how they're even in business anymore with all the horror stories we hear and failure to answer the phone or accept online ordering. Edit: called 7 times no answer...

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

texarback

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I have a 74 Jimmy I'm restoring.

On June 27th 2022 I ordered Slate Blue door panels, bags and sun visors. Almost a year and I have no clue on availability likelihood. I email them once a month and they do respond. But it is always a canned response. The email responses all say "There is no ETA at this time. We are currently working to have all items in stock without a lead time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies."

I don't have an issue so much with the lengthy delay. They can't help that. What they can help is letting people order items that are not in stock. Their website doesn't tell you if something is on back order.

I keep my order because I think, "Surly it is any day now." I also am in no need for the panels as I'm a long way from having the body back on the frame much less doors on the body. But, I do need the panels and they are the only firm that offered GM factory colors like Slate Blue. (edit: I do have the paint from them so I suppose at some point I'll cancel and order from LMC and just shoot the color myself.)

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
This is not a big company, employee wise.
Not making any excuses. But I went there because I heard they carried better quality was surprised at the size/#of employees.
The delay sucks. I agree I am at 5 months so far.

texarback

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
To be clear, I'm not bashing them at all. I am more than happy to support mom and pop and can handle the delay. And, they have responded each time I've emailed. Calling has been hit or miss but I get it. I suspect this isn't their only line of business.

The only two things I would suggest is that they don't let people order backordered/out of stock items AND maybe have a little more color in their responses. For example, are they in contact with the manufacturer? Has the manufacturer said anything? Simple things like that.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The girl who answered their phone was never happy. I avoided any conversation with her. I did talk with Randy on the phone and in several emails....probably about 2 yrs ago. He said their manufacturer was in Taiwan but they were bringing it back to the US. Were getting items sporadically. Told me then that they would be up and running with stock again in about 6 months....but that was about 18 months ago.

I cancelled 2 huge orders - half because I couldn't wait any longer and then was afraid enough time would pass I couldn't get a refund through paypal or cc if I wanted to. ALL the items I had ordered at that time, have never been in stock since, so a 2+ year backorder? Still think they have/had the best stuff but cant wait THAT long.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Yeah, tried to call several times again this morning, no answer. This is mismanagement pure and simple. If your collecting advance payments you should have the capital to ramp up staffing and production. Instead they started a second non-square related interior company and did not focus on their primary line of business. Cool bro. I'm just going to use LMC for dash and doors it looks like. They could have been the next Brother's, now they're just another fly by night and are bashed on every forum out there.

rwjtexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I have to agree with the others in the group. I have tried calling everyday this week several times a day to find out about an order placed in early June. All my orders so far to them have shipped within a day or so, this one I really need and cannot get a response. I did use the E-Mail to "Contact" and they did respond saying that they needed to get back to me after talking to production manager. I wish I knew what may be out of stock and I could find it elsewhere, however, they have some things I need like the 82-87 Blue Paint for my interior Trim.

Hopefully I will get a response back soon to advise.

rwjtexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
I have to agree with the others in the group. I have tried calling everyday this week several times a day to find out about an order placed in early June. All my orders so far to them have shipped within a day or so, this one I really need and cannot get a response. I did use the E-Mail to "Contact" and they did respond saying that they needed to get back to me after talking to production manager. I wish I knew what may be out of stock and I could find it elsewhere, however, they have some things I need like the 82-87 Blue Paint for my interior Trim.

Hopefully I will get a response back soon to advise.
Update ... I received notification that my order had shipped. Should arrive next week.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
when did you place your order?

rwjtexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
when did you place your order?
I placed this one shipping on June 4th. It was paint (Blue & Mystic different years), trim pieces and some decals.

Ken B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I walked out with an armload of stuff when I went there. But the big items are slow to get. Door panels . Dash pad. Floor mat.

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
I need to start a USA1 support group...I ordered 2 door panels in March 2022. "12-14 weeks eta to ship". I asked for an update on October 30th, 2022. "Your order is expected to ship Novermber 1st". (Spoiler alert, it didn't). I asked for an update March of this year. "Door panels are expected to ship end of April/May. (Nope). I asked for an update this month. "There is no current ETA, consider cancelling and reordering". If you need door panels this lifetime, I highly suggest going somewhere else.

texarback

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
My email (6/7/23):

Good afternoon,

Any chance there is an update on the parts found on the following order?

The order # is 76109 and the parts that are still outstanding are:

1) 20351D - Sun Visor, Slate blue
2) 16572D - Door Panel, Slate blue
3) 19303D - Door Pocket Bag, Slate blue
Thanks so much!

Their response (6/13/23):

There is no ETA at this time. We are currently working to have all items in stock without a lead time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies.

I sent a follow up email (6/19/23):
Good evening,

Can you tell me how many door panel orders are in front of mine?

Or, are you all waiting for a certain order number before you produce these door panels, door pockets and visors?

It’s been almost 12 months and no where else is having this type of back order issue on parts.

I just want to be sure I’m not waiting on something that you all know will never come.

I guess what I’m asking for is a little hope! Lol.

Thanks so much,

Their response (6/20/23):

There is no ETA at this time. We are currently working to have all items in stock without a lead time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies.

How hard is it to send a personalized email letting me know what the situation is? Surly they can say, "Hey, we don't have enough to fill an order. We will keep you updated." or "Hey, we never talk to the manufacturers of the products we sell. We will keep you updated should we change that policy."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512