Trouble Starting On Warm Starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moorevisual

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
1979 C10 - 350/4 barrel

My truck almost always starts right up on a cold start with just one pump on the gas pedal. But I've noticed lately that after I've driven for a while, parked, get back in and try to start, it seems to have issues, almost as if it's not getting gas. I'll have to pump or hold down the gas pedal a bit to get it to crank up, and sometimes after pulling off it will die again (kind of embarrassing). What could be causing these "warm start" issues?

Doing previous repairs, I've already replaced the fuel pump, line from pump to carb, fuel filter, blown out the line to the tank.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You bought that pre-bent fuel line to replace the broken one a few months ago. Did they route pretty much the same? If that line is getting too hot, it might cause a vapor lock condition. I'd also check choke functionality and adjustment. It may not be opening up enough, which would explain a good cold start and a not so good hot start. It sounds like there aren't really any ignition issues so I wouldn't worry about the ignition control module.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris