Trash my dash? And interior panel take offs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick76

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Will I regret throwing out my old red trim panels and dash? I love the new tan stuff I got from LMC. The old take offs are taking up a lot of space. They’re all faded and the dash is mega cracked. I heard folks talk about maybe using the dash base for reupholstery. Would other people potentially need/want this stuff? Or should I just pitch it?

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Lots of trucks out there without any dash pad. There will be someone who might need a core for a cheap cover or to redo, so yes, it is worth something to somebody.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Lesson we learned in our build is you never throw anything away. Either you needed it later for a template, or someone else needed it or you can’t figure how the new stuff goes in and you have something to work with…..I can’t tell you how many times we needed something we had discarded months or even years later……

Randy and E

Rick76

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks y’all I’ll let this stuff percolate in the attic for a while.

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I wouldn't throw it away - someone will buy it.

Mine was horrible and I had it filled, sanded and upholstered and it looks amazing.

Old Guy Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Do mean in this kind of condition? I never once thought about saving these, I just haven’t had a chance to toss them in the dumpster.
My workshop space is too limited to waste it on something that I don’t have current need for.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Oldbear42

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 LWB Scottsdale
Engine Size
I have a small bin or two on my shelves in the shop to collect used but okay parts for each of my projects. I also have a 5 x 7 garden shed near my shop that the bigger stuff goes into. I might need it or someone else might. The times that my collection of "stuff" has saved us a trip to a store (often a 2-hour round trip away) has gone past counting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512