TPI on a 73 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I am still leaning towards a Microsquirt system to run mine. For ~$400 you get a new harness, which admittedly you need to run and attach your own ends, and the tuning software is free and on-the-fly-programmable. You are also dealing with new components.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I was hanging​ out at the Camaro yard today...i'm goin back Tuesday.

It's really dangerous, goin there? I almost talked myself into buying an '89 IROC.

Well, most of one anyway. :) Its freakin redneck heaven out there.

Attachments

• 20170316_145946.jpg
    20170316_145946.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 20170316_145939.jpg
    20170316_145939.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

KnockingDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Pics if the '91? Ima fan. Does it got that cool spoiler on it? NOT a fan of the 91-92 wheels even though I understand the 2 year draw. My banker wants me to buy another car, I am (lightly)looking for an IROC but don't really want to.
If I open another loan, that's what I'd go for. :headbang:
Sadly, it would take the perfect one. I always liked the blue ones! Did silver exist? I would pay a lot.
Anyways, I digress... :)

It makes sense. Absolutely perfect sense to TPI convert a TRUCK but the question is, why didn't the General ever do it? Not even in a limited edition or nothin? Everybody is always talking about torque builds and ****...TPI seems natural to me?

Kinda like the General de-tuned the Zcar motors to not outshine the Corvette, I guess. They had taller gears and stuff... A TPI truck is TOO COOL and works TOO GOOD.
Let's do it Brothers! :grd:
The rest of you - enjoy the pleasures of conformity. ;) haha I joke, I joke, I keed! I keed!

I actually STARTED my project today, and by "started my project" I mean = spring-cleaned out the garage and started looking for parts! :D
Found two. :(

Ya like Huey Lewis and the News?

[yt]Ruw9fsh3PNY[/yt]

Sorry for the late reply..... Been pretty busy with work!

Stored it for nearly a decade (bought in 2006), cost a pretty penny to make road worthy (tires,hoses, belt, fluids, etc.). Not so fast by todays standard but when I was a kid my room was covered in posters and sales brochures of this car, local dealer had a new one on a rotating display in the showroom, if I did good on my school work my dad would treat by driving pass it. I made A honor roll in 91.

She's all original (got the original cassette player in it), except for wear items, the pic without tint was right after I got her ready, It had 29,***, now has 32,4xx I put her away for winter.....

It is hip to be square, I have it on cassette, with lots of other late 80's and early 90's music.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

KnockingDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sorry I missed this thread.

That looks really sweet, my cousin Bill,s was white with red gut and chrome wheels (Like the 90's 454 ss) with a thin white wall. TPI looks so natural under the hood. I may start a new project before my K10 is done....... a 97 with TPI would be sweet.

Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Last edited:

Fastereddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Can I play?

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Even if you do have the 9th injector, it is easily blocked if you don't need/want to use it. Plate on the manifold and a plug in the fuel rail and you are all set.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey