Torque converter connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Did you notice if the trans was shifting faster than before? Also do you have a big trans cooler?

After putting everything back together, when I took It for a spin on the freeway, it shifted normally, as always, nice firm shifts(all 4). The lock-up never happened. I have the stock radiator setup for cooling.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I'm having a hard time understanding the pressure switches, normally open/psi, closed, and normnally closed/psi open. I just want to know which switch will pass 12 volts through, when the pressure is on, and won't pass current when the pressure is off. Does "open" mean that there's no current going through, or does "closed" mean that there's current going through, or the other way around. I'm referring to the two stub pressure switch.
I think I just confused the hell out of myself, I hope you guys understand what im trying to figure out here, cause I'm like:banghead:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Normaly open because it will not close until the set psi is met. Im still not understanding. How you jumped the pressure switch?

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I Just put a short wire from stub to stub. I think I might have fried it when I did that, at least I hope I did, and that's why I think i didn't get lock-up. If not, its gotta something else. Does closed mean that the current is going through?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yup you fried the contacts inside. No worries just put the new one in (the same place) and ride.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Yeah, I ordered another one online, the transmission shops around town must have only the ones made out of gold, their prices are ridiculous. Should be here tomorrow. I swear, this lockup thing has got me losing sleep over it, but I ain't gonna let it go while its alive!

Last edited:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
While you up for ordering get a big trans cooler and ride with confidence! That stock deal is ok if you want to warm up the fluid in the winter....

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Which one do you recommend?

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Well what kind of driving do you do and what size tires. Are those?

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
A lot of city, stop and go, and a lot of freeway. Tires are 33/12.50/20

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Awesome tire combo bro! https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=819492&cc=1030824. is what i have now. I'd get that. Even though it doesn't show the rad connector mine came with it. Hope yours does too. if not their like $10. This will prolong the life of your trans. Easy install once you find something to mount it. No cutting off the original trans lines just the hose supplied. It flows excellent with no worries of blockage...

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
Awesome tire combo bro! https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=819492&cc=1030824. is what i have now. I'd get that. Even though it doesn't show the rad connector mine came with it. Hope yours does too. if not their like $10. This will prolong the life of your trans. Easy install once you find something to mount it. No cutting off the original trans lines just the hose supplied. It flows excellent with no worries of blockage...

Cool, I'm gonna check it out. Gracias
I gotta bump the pressure switch rant, see if I get some hits.

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
I'm having a hard time understanding the pressure switches, normally open/psi, closed, and normnally closed/psi open. I just want to know which switch will pass 12 volts through, when the pressure is on, and won't pass current when the pressure is off. Does "open" mean that there's no current going through, or does "closed" mean that there's current going through, or the other way around. I'm referring to the two stub pressure switch.
I think I just confused the hell out of myself, I hope you guys understand what im trying to figure out here, cause I'm like:banghead:

Bump!

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Btw I'm not Mexican lol

VAL