the viper mistake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Exterior paint looks flawless.

The valve covers would bother me if it were mine. Squares can have chipping paint on the engine, a super car cannot.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Exterior paint looks flawless.

The valve covers would bother me if it were mine. Squares can have chipping paint on the engine, a super car cannot.
It bothers me,
But have to make space in the garage so I could deal with it

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I accidentally layed couple of marks last week. Today found that someone either took it as a challenge or wanted to mark the area for them selves.
You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Got the keys/remote sorted to be correct and it is actually in my garage now vs parked at work. Need to do an oil change and a bunch of minor work including new shifter. Camaro is also on the more approaching list of being worked on again. Cleared off a bunch of parts from top of it and getting ready to cut the fuel tank for fuel injection. Pretty much only parts on top or inside are for sale. Have two sets of corvette brakes and one set of ls1 f body brakes to sell, some wheels and other misc corvette parts

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
What 4th gen brake parts do you have? Wouldnt mind doing the "ls1 brake" upgrade on 65 Skylark.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
What 4th gen brake parts do you have? Wouldnt mind doing the "ls1 brake" upgrade on 65 Skylark.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
It's the freeway left-foot brakers that drive in the left lane and hit the b-lights every 100 yards WHEN NO ONE IS IN FRONT OF THEM OR TO THEIR RIGHT!!! AND THEY'RE DOING 5 MPH BELOW THE LIMIT!!!
Umm yeah but that won't be me..

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I'm the same way. Left foot brake, right foot gas. I've done so much racing and wheeling it's 2nd nature to me now. If I try and use my right foot to brake I put myself through the windshield, lol. When I drive stick I can stop fine with my right foot. It's weird.

Last year I broke my right ankle and had to drive with only my left foot. Right foot was up on the tunnel in front of the 4x4 stick. NOT fun.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Played with door adjustment yesterday a bit. I think it closes a bit better. It is still a 90's dodge at heart even if it is trying to use door striker mechanism similar to a mercedes. I ended up back at pretty much same spot as it already was. Maybe half a mm difference at most.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Ah ok. I'm looking for the rear backing plates specifically.
I will have rear disk brakes from my 3rd gen fbody for sale. They are from 94 f body. I like the corvette rear hand brake setup better

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I will have rear disk brakes from my 3rd gen fbody for sale. They are from 94 f body. I like the corvette rear hand brake setup better

I think that can work. Let me know when they are available and in the mean time I'll do some research.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Installed short throw shifter. I also cut another inch or so of threads on the handle to make up an inch in shifter being higher. Had to nudge the transmission to one side a bit for shifter to clear going in to reverse. While under the car, decided should change trans fluid and found the reason for light throttle steer. One of rear inner toe rods is bad. Was thinking should replace all steering tie rods and rebuild the steering rack if will need to do alignment. Ordered all dodge Dakota rods, and rack seals. With some modifications should fit. Ordered a die to cut the threads as well.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Nobody sells Viper tie rods?
There is unknown manufacturer shipped from China for fronts inner. A set of rear still available at $200 per side. And I think I seen somewhere for front sets $500 per side. No rack seal kits available at all. Taking dakota parts and modifying a bit like dodge originally did is a lot cheaper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara