The clutch is here, 4500 conversion done by New Years. You hear that @frankenchevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My rad and the outlet is wider than stock. At $14 it's worth a try.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
My rad and the outlet is wider than stock. At $14 it's worth a try.
I agree. Price around here is $28 for the hose and $8 for a cheapy murray housing. Then about $12 in gas and 90 minutes of my life, lol!

Wider than the gas rad I’d assume. I don’t think anything wider than the one I have would fit. It goes from the battery tray all the way to the coolant overflow reservoir.

Maybe before I leave in the morning I’ll measure from radiator neck to fender and if your available you can repeat that measurement for me before I make the trek.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I agree. Price around here is $28 for the hose and $8 for a cheapy murray housing. Then about $12 in gas and 90 minutes of my life, lol!

Wider than the gas rad I’d assume. I don’t think anything wider than the one I have would fit. It goes from the battery tray all the way to the coolant overflow reservoir.

Maybe before I leave in the morning I’ll measure from radiator neck to fender and if your available you can repeat that measurement for me before I make the trek.

Yes sir. Remind me in the morning and I'll get you the measurement.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yes sir. Remind me in the morning and I'll get you the measurement.
Exactly 12” from flat part of inner fender.
You must be registered for see images attach

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Wow. Your radiator must be huge. I don't think that hose is gonna work. Sorry about the delay, I've been at the vet all morning.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Wow. Your radiator must be huge. I don't think that hose is gonna work. Sorry about the delay, I've been at the vet all morning.

Yeah it’s on the bigger side. Well I guess I’ll be using the black accordion hoses...

thanks!

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
@SquareRoot , is it New Years yet? Are you finished? I bored over here waiting for rubber cement to set up. Did I just pull into the lead on this thing? I’ll be firing it up tomorrow morning. I wrapped almost all the odds and ends to the pro flo & nv4500 swap this afternoon when I got home. I even figured out a slightly less janky upper radiator hose solution out.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well call it a tie?!

Everything is in and hooked up. I'm going to fire it up in the morning. Took me awhile to bleed that damn clutch. I gravity bled it until all the air was out, tightened the bleeder and pushed the pedal. Straight to the floor. My vacuum bleeding didn't work for ****. So I found this tool at Napa. Didn't want to spend $60 but I didn't want to fight with it.

Got home, put a wrap of teflon tape on the bleeder screw threads, drained the system and went for it. I'll be damned!!!

It bled the clutch in literally 1 minute! No air, firm pedal and no mess. I'll never use anything else. Live and learn.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Well call it a tie?!

Everything is in and hooked up. I'm going to fire it up in the morning. Took me awhile to bleed that damn clutch. I gravity bled it until all the air was out, tightened the bleeder and pushed the pedal. Straight to the floor. My vacuum bleeding didn't work for ****. So I found this tool at Napa. Didn't want to spend $60 but I didn't want to fight with it.

Got home, put a wrap of teflon tape on the bleeder screw threads, drained the system and went for it. I'll be damned!!!

It bled the clutch in literally 1 minute! No air, firm pedal and no mess. I'll never use anything else. Live and learn.
Yeah, I always put thread sealant on the bleeder screw when vacuum bleeding. Otherwise, you’ll keep seeing bubbles.

I like that guy though, don’t need a compressor.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I just called my local Napa and they’re ordering one in for me.

Just out of curiosity, how much movement are you getting on the slave rod? How firm is your pedal? Mine seems to fully disengage, but I guess I won’t know till I drive it a bit...

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah, I always put thread sealant on the bleeder screw when vacuum bleeding. Otherwise, you’ll keep seeing bubbles.

I like that guy though, don’t need a compressor.

Ya, pushing fluid up from the bottom is the way to go. The displaced air comes out the resovoiir and you just keep pumping until you get the fluid level you want.

I got a new pigtail wired in for the backup switch only to discover the switch was bad. Typical lol.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I just called my local Napa and they’re ordering one in for me.

Just out of curiosity, how much movement are you getting on the slave rod? How firm is your pedal? Mine seems to fully disengage, but I guess I won’t know till I drive it a bit...

About an inch. At first it felt weird, it would hit a certain point and then kind of roll over. I adjusted the rod about half inch and it stopped. It was going past the flex point or apex of the clutch fingers.

I just pulled the dust cover off the shelf. Damn! Looks like I gotta remove the starter if I'm going to install it. There's another hour in the morning.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
About an inch. At first it felt weird, it would hit a certain point and then kind of roll over. I adjusted the rod about half inch and it stopped. It was going past the flex point or apex of the clutch fingers.

I just pulled the dust cover off the shelf. Damn! Looks like I gotta remove the starter if I'm going to install it. There's another hour in the morning.

If you have a 1-piece rms you have to trim the dust cover a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128