The clutch is here, 4500 conversion done by New Years. You hear that @frankenchevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
At 18” of vacuum, you should have a 43psi reg and run a 43psi map according to the manual.

Where are you looking? I'm looking at the user tuning manual and the user manual online and I cant find that section anywhere.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Never mind, its in the owners manual, 1 of 4 of them!

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Excellent miniature scissor lift. Stable, easy to use and maneuver.

Yes, it works quite well. 450# capacity and very mobile. I like the fact you raise and lower it mechanically (impact wrench or 3/4 drive ratchet) very controllable. Worth the $115.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Yes, it works quite well. 450# capacity and very mobile. I like the fact you raise and lower it mechanically (impact wrench or 3/4 drive ratchet) very controllable. Worth the $115.

And the pitch adjustment to get the input shaft at the correct angle, too

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Frankenchevy

Hydro clutch is in. I spent a little time looking at the parts AA includes in the kit. I was able to put it all together without cutting the push rod or boot. I got lots (1/2") of adjustment on the threads of the rod. I think the instructions they provide actually suck. Everything is included but it's a bit of a head scratcher putting it all together.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
@Frankenchevy

Hydro clutch is in. I spent a little time looking at the parts AA includes in the kit. I was able to put it all together without cutting the push rod or boot. I got lots (1/2") of adjustment on the threads of the rod. I think the instructions they provide actually suck. Everything is included but it's a bit of a head scratcher putting it all together.

You get it bled?

I used my starter to roll the truck off the ramps. With the clutch depressed, the engine rolled over freely. With the clutch out, I was able to roll the truck forward—so I guess the clutch is pretty close to adjusted.

Everthing else is ready to rock and roll, I just don’t have the upper radiator hose hooked up yet. I’ve given up on finding one. With 1-3/4” neck on the radiator, it’ll be impossible. I’m going to have to use one of those piece together deals. I’m NOT going back to the ugly ribbed metal deal. I hated it.

Anyway, my clutch seems well adjusted and the Ford gets to go up on the ramps.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have an aftermarket aluminum radiator. The outlet fits both sizes, it steps down so it fits both sizes of hose. Are you using the factory radiator?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yes, factory diesel radiator. But all gas thermostat housings are 1-1/2” and the footprint of the 6.2 tstat housing is different.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Can you use an o-ring style t-stat housing? They swivel to allow mounting in any direction. Just pick the one with the correct upward angle. I used the Edelbrock one but there are cheaper ones. If I had to do it again, I'd use AN fittings and braided hose.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Can you use an o-ring style t-stat housing? They swivel to allow mounting in any direction. Just pick the one with the correct upward angle. I used the Edelbrock one but there are cheaper ones. If I had to do it again, I'd use AN fittings and braided hose.
I have an Oring housing, but it’s still 1-1/2”. If I go forward the serpentine is real close, sideways to dodge the compressor and I cover the mounting bolt. So I have to angle it towards the master cylinder slightly. It is a PITA. I’ll figure something out eventually. For now I’ll have to use two universal accordion hoses. One 1-1/2” and one 1-3/4” with a copper coupling in between. At least it’s not ribbed chrome!

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Mine is 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 and I'm using serpentine drive with AC compressor on passenger side.

Don't know what the application is but this hose fits perfectly.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Mine is 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 and I'm using serpentine drive with AC compressor on passenger side.

Don't know what the application is but this hose fits perfectly.

You know which t stat housing you’re using? My compressor is on the drivers side, but that may still work...

my oring housing has a right angle. Yours looks more obtuse...like a 45.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You know which t stat housing you’re using? My compressor is on the drivers side, but that may still work...

my oring housing has a right angle. Yours looks more obtuse...like a 45.

I'm using a factory t-stat housing for an 89 K5 blazer. They came factory with serpentine drive.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Seems like it may work. My only concern is the with of your radiator. My radiator is really wide. Roughly 34” inside of tank to inside of tank or about 38-39” wide overall. I guess all I can do is give it a whirl. Sucks the auto parts stores are a strike from my house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK