The clutch is here, 4500 conversion done by New Years. You hear that @frankenchevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Nice! I rolled my carpet out so it can start flattening back out. I basically need to bleed my clutch and wire my MSD up to the ProFlo. Then cross my fingers...
You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Ordered this yesterday and it showed up tonight. Lol, thanks Summit.

Time to get this conversion completed!

You must be registered for see images attach
Where ya at?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Where ya at?

Got the trans & t-case completely disconnected. It's coming out in the morning. Should have the trans in tommorow. Probably driving by next Friday.

I mocked up my clutch and AA hydraulic clutch. That rod they supply is waaaaay long!

It looks like the rod is only going to be about 1.5 inches after the chop. Is yours that short,?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Got the trans & t-case completely disconnected. It's coming out in the morning. Should have the trans in tommorow. Probably driving by next Friday.

I mocked up my clutch and AA hydraulic clutch. That rod they supply is waaaaay long!

It looks like the rod is only going to be about 1.5 inches after the chop. Is yours that short,?
It’s longer than that. The slave cylinder alone is at least that deep. You need to push the rod all the way into the slave while simultaneously pulling the throwout fork towards the engine side to check length.

I think I cut about an inch and a quarter off. I’ll see if I can find the piece I cut off or maybe guesstimate a measurement in the morning...

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It’s longer than that. The slave cylinder alone is at least that deep. You need to push the rod all the way into the slave while simultaneously pulling the throwout fork towards the engine side to check length.

I think I cut about an inch and a quarter off. I’ll see if I can find the piece I cut off or maybe guesstimate a measurement in the morning...

Man I'm glad you told me that! My ******* would have cut it in it's "rest" position and been up **** creek. Thanks.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Oh, so the cylinder doesn't come 'compressed' with a strap to hold it in?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nope. And now that I know this info, the AA instructions are way lacking. All it shows is how to mount it.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Frankenchevy

Everything is out. Trans, t-case, cooler lines, kickdown harness, vacuum modulator line, floor shifter....

I hate all the extra crap that makes an automatic an automatic!

Doing this in the driveway, by myself. Takes twice as long.

Progress is steady but slow.

You?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
The trans swap portion is complete. I rewired pretty much everything except the rear light harness for some reason, lol! I ran #1 welding wire everywhere. Figured since I have a 175 amp alternator I should future proof all my wiring for winches, lights, etc.

I should be ready to fire it off sometime this week...whenever I get another day to work on it.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yeah, I’m a bit weird sometimes, lol

Who doesn’t find a black widow adorable?

I’d pulled that battery in and out a dozen times perfecting the routing of my wiring before she decided to crawl on out. She moved under the cab and will probably live there until I start driving around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK