Stock rear-end - how much power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
No, there is VERY LITTLE truth in that statement. Ask anyone that knows.
If you want, I can take a picture of the ROOF holding water of maybe you prefer the WRINKLE behind and the driver door ?
Obviously a traction issue since the front bumper and sway bar have been removed. Any moron can LOOK and SEE it don't hook AND i obviously have spent a fortune to drive circles around chump.mother.fuckers. like you.

Never turned a wrench in my life I forget why I did that though...any clues? Blues?

I bet it would hop a beer can off the line..everybody (except you) knows that drag races are won or lost in the first 60 feet.

I prolly don't have any clue wtf I'm talking about though..- no experience. :shrug:
Power to weight is the r *******

Hold the phone, It's the Jukebox calling again. Yes Jimi?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not gonna edit.

But I logged off and thought."..wait a minute"
You're not necessarily a punk mother ******...you know I was talking about a race car, right? Yeah dude Rofl + not a trucking square body pickup LOLOL

I used to bracket race an SS Monte Carlo - NA Sportsman E/T , for a long time..

I know even traction in a FARMTRUCK is possible...it outran my T/A IRL when it was still a smallblock.

I had it on the motor though, ask him.

Anyways, I do not apologize if you were , in fact, talking **** about MISSES JONES , but you prolly werent, in hindsight.

I apologize.

Happy Thanksgiving and ****.
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

You must be registered for see images attach

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
No, there is VERY LITTLE truth in that statement. Ask anyone that knows.
If you want, I can take a picture of the ROOF holding water of maybe you prefer the WRINKLE behind and the driver door ?
Obviously a traction issue since the front bumper and sway bar have been removed. Any moron can LOOK and SEE it don't hook AND i obviously have spent a fortune to drive circles around chump.mother.fuckers. like you.

Never turned a wrench in my life I forget why I did that though...any clues? Blues?

I bet it would hop a beer can off the line..everybody (except you) knows that drag races are won or lost in the first 60 feet.

I prolly don't have any clue wtf I'm talking about though..- no experience. :shrug:
Power to weight is the r *******

Hold the phone, It's the Jukebox calling again. Yes Jimi?

Lol It took me a minute to process that. You were talking about race cars and I was talking about run of the mill square bodies. But for an off the wall comparison I'll use my friends old '79 short box step side as a comparison- when it only had a 355 making about 400hp trying to turn 39.5 boggers with 4.56 gears on half ton axles it would literally eat parts at the mud bogs. but when he built a new 600+hp small block and installed 5.13 gears the engine no longer "bogged" and it would zing the tires in the mud pit and he stopped breaking parts in the same axles. More power and lower gears both contributed, yes. In drag racing... spinnin' ain't winnin'! But where I cut my teeth growing up in the river bottoms and in the mud, you had to have enough power or gear (or both) to be able to break traction to get the tires to "clean out" to be able to keep pawing forward in the mud. And when there was a couple dozen mud trucks around here running around trying to be "king of the hole" there was a pretty good correlation of not enough power to get them spinning or to keep them spinning that ate a lot of parts and pieces just as much as there were a couple guys with ridiculous engines that flat out broke parts due to the power they were making.

Last edited:

Step

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado 3/4 ton
Engine Size
Yea Rear end not decided by engine, my 79 K35 292 6 cyl has the duel wheels with 14 bolt free floating rear and Dana 60 up front.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
I still have the original 8.5" ring gear 10 bolt in my Chevelle.

Stock housing, Mark Williams spool, axles and C clip eliminators.

Around 950 hp naturally aspirated. Best ET 9.85 @ 136mph at 3950 lbs.

I have to put a ring and pinion in every 20 years or so.

K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128