steering wheel too tight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
Well i must have screwed something up LOL. I went after the 4 tilt wheel bolts on my 82 suburban and now after assembly the steering wheel is hard to turn aagggghhhhhhh. It seems to be easy enough to turn before I install the lock plate and the clip on the shaft. Idk what I did wrong because I used the diagram and put it back together just like pics ive seen on here but I will say for some reason the wheel seems to close to the auto shift handle now. I greased the bearings and there doesnt seem to be an issue below the tilt mechanism because otherwise the push pins wouldnt go In and the tilt wouldnt tilt. If anyone has run into this please let me know what i did hahaha thanks!

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
Ok I figured it out, once again we can be doomed by the last person to own our trucks. The guy had the inner bearing backwards and the front race on the rear bearing causing a clearance issue . The problem was no one showed the orientation of either bearing. Now its tight and together BUT.......I cant find out where the tiny 4 wire cruise control wire went HAHAHAHAH

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
good to know, glad you figured it out.

Matt69olds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC 1/2 ton
Engine Size
455 Olds
The cruise control wire harness basically follows the turn signal harness. If you take the wheel and lock plate off you might’ve able to snake back down the column with a stiff wire

squareton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500 suburban
Engine Size
The cruise control wire harness basically follows the turn signal harness. If you take the wheel and lock plate off you might’ve able to snake back down the column with a stiff wire
The harness is there and already snaked down but I cant find the connector it goes to, I didnt remove the heater ductwork. Its there somewhere but my damn brain cant figure it out lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400