steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scorpion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It should work alright. I've gone from 3 speed, to 4 speed, and now back to 3 speed in my 84', all with the same column. I was able to access all gears on both transmissions.

Sweet then I'm going to have a very productive weekend. That's great to hear!

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
I know I've always just pulled the tilt colums out and sold them to people with never a complaint. There was a couple years that had the ignition switches that ran backwards, but as long as they used whole replacement colum they interchanged. Only other difference I knew was wipers on turn signal and or cruise control. The delay wiper modul is just plug and play and I usually leave them with coulum.

I know good tilt column are getting fewer and further between. I think I'm down to 10-12 left myself and only 1 out of the 70's

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
placed the new spring in good as new thanks to all roy c

Thank you for the feed back, I need to get this done. Just waiting for the state inspection bill to hit so I am saving my few $$ that I have.

I am copying the posts here into the steering column thread.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76