Unable to identify steering column piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

luminous05

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
howdy, so I was disassembling part of my steering column to feed a new turn signal wire through, and noticed when I pulled back on the part of the outside protective plastic, this piece had fell out, I’m having actually quite a hard time identifying/finding where the placement goes so I can put the column back together, any help is graciously appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
That is the piece that moves the rod that goes down to the high beam switch on the lower left hand of the column. It fits in reference number 25 of the below.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
That piece lays somewhat loose inside the column, use a dab of grease to hold it in place during assembly.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
They sell replacements in a kit to repair a GM ignition rack. Check yours carefully for cracks, and replace it if any part of it seems weak.

It’s a common breakage item in the column. If the rack does not move the rod correctly, the key will turn but will not slide the ignition switch (mounted lower on the column) so it lines up the electric contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS