SR's 1992 Dakota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
@Soundmound OBS? I assume you are talking Toyota? I had one about that same vintage, not an OBS though just a 2wd Toyota pickup. These are some not very good pictures of the Toyota. It was never me, but I knew that going in, BC I had a 77 Toyota pickup before either of these trucks. So the 1992 Toyota It had been my grand fathers and he sold it to a friend of mine when he quit driving, it's kind of a long story but two years later he sold it to me. He'd ruined the engine and I bought it from him, BC it was Grandpa's and had some meaning to me. I also had a 60 mile one way commute I was doing in the Dakota and the gas was killing me. For me, the only good things about the Toyota pickup is, they are super reliable, get good gas mileage, and have a bed bigger than these cross over SUV pickups they are making these days. I don't find the Toyota interior to be at all adequate, in storage or even personal space. And the bed is so narrow. This was a short bed to boot, but for a commuter truck it was just fine. And with gas prices these days it wouldn't be bad to have another one.

You must be registered for see images attach

I would eventually be rearended in this truck. I was stopped at a stop sign waiting to turn out onto a state highway. She hit me so hard that my truck went straight across the highway blocking the lane opposite where I'd been, lucky for me oncoming drivers avoided slamming into the side of my truck. The rear of the frame in the Toyota was bent pretty badly from the accident and that was the end of this truck.

However the insurance money is what I used to buy the 1996 Grand Cherokee that is still with us. At the time I no longer had the long commute but needed the small SUV for tow behind the RV, so from that aspect it worked out well.

Last edited:

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
And just because I can I guess. Before the Dakota I had this 1977 Toyota Pickup. In the second picture you can see the side of the 1977 Dodge Class C we use to own. If anyone is interested I can post pictures of that inside and out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito