Sorting out POs mess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
Glad you posted. I don't know if you listen to WTIX 94.3 (this is my favorite station in New Orleans), but they had an advert for the Knights of Columbus Car Show happening this Saturday at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic Church on 6425 W. Metairie Ave. Its going on from 11:30-2:30 on the backfield of the church. All the proceeds are going to the Wounded Warrior Project, and the prices are free spectator admission, $15 pre-registered, and $20 to register at the gate. I'm leaning towards going, but a former coworker of mine just passed away, and I was gonna go to the funeral if it was Saturday or Sunday. Otherwise, I think I'm pretty much there. Here are the email addresses for the registration:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Glad you've got your truck going better!

That's a pretty good get together typically. We should be going.

I'll either be in this turd or my '49.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

'49? As in an Advance Design Chevy 3100? And I hope to see you there. Sounds like you have to scoop on many a local automotive shindig.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
yep. It's a truck I built a few years back. Was on the cover of street trucks Feb 2011.

Have you been in New Orleans for a while? I'm born and raised here and my family is big into it- so just being around we have a feel for whats going on and know lots of people. We aren't special, I promise.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
yep. It's a truck I built a few years back. Was on the cover of street trucks Feb 2011.

Have you been in New Orleans for a while? I'm born and raised here and my family is big into it- so just being around we have a feel for whats going on and know lots of people. We aren't special, I promise.

It's the lowered, blue one? Very cool. I've been here as a resident for two years, but my family has homes an hour and two hours away so I've been coming here all my life. My dad lived and/or worked here from about 1940-1957, as did his dad, paternal grandmother, and many cousins from both sides of his family. I'm gonna try to start doing more stuff like that now that I actually have stuff to exhibit. Our closer house is in Diamondhead so I've been around Cruisin' the Coast my whole life, and I'm really gonna give it my all to participate this year.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
yep that's it.

cool deal man. There is actually a cruise night out in Slidell we want to hit one of these weekends. Never been but heard it's pretty fun and a change of scenery.

Big one last weekend was the final Friday[of the month] cruise night in Convington. That one is huge and very nice- just like cruising the coast but for an afternoon.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size
just figured out the '76 has the 3.21 rear gear. No wonder it's such a dog.

RADustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crewcab
Engine Size

scratch that. won't be making it. I have a wedding to attend in Baton Rouge tomorrow night.:bawl:

I am going to pickup a '79 shortbed truck on Sunday morning though. If you need any parts LMK. I'm going to be using the bed and various shortbed components for swapping mine.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
scratch that. won't be making it. I have a wedding to attend in Baton Rouge tomorrow night.:bawl:

I am going to pickup a '79 shortbed truck on Sunday morning though. If you need any parts LMK. I'm going to be using the bed and various shortbed components for swapping mine.

I might have to check you out on that. Could you post up some pics when you get it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35