Some 8 lug axles from a 1984 Chevy 3/4 ton truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
That is a highway robbery. Damn.

Noooo,... That's capitalism.

He can ask whatever he wants, and if he can find some fool who wants to be parted from his money, God bless them both. No coercion, no force involved. Free markets baby!

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Noooo,... That's capitalism.

He can ask whatever he wants, and if he can find some fool who wants to be parted from his money, God bless them both. No coercion, no force involved. Free markets baby!

Right you are. But he is still an A-Hole for asking that much. Lol

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
LOL
I was shocked when I saw the price.
I couldn't believe $2500, didn't know what I was missing.

buddy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Truck Year
1973 k20
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
WOW

The fact that you even found some 8 lug axles is shocking to me.

I have searched high and low in the Dallas Ft Worth area for 8 lug axles.
I found a guy near the Oklahoma border who has a bunch of square body trucks and he quoted me 1000 each for axles and I had to pull them.

I found a lady in North Dakota that has a old 8 lug chevy truck that was priced pretty good but its a bit of a drive.

Have searched high and low on Ebay and various other web sites and cannot even find 8 lug axles.

Seems if someone even has them for sale and already pulled I think I might have even considered that.

Btw if someone knows where to get some 8 lug axles for less please feel free to let me know.
Have flatbed and dont mind driving and or even pulling them.

The ad probably got deleted because someone bought them.

It was not my axles. And honestly I dont think I would take 2500 for the set that I have, Hell if you put 4000 in my hand where the hell would I even find another set.

What are you all thinking a set of 8 lug axles pulled and ready to load should cost?

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
@buddy350

I got my FF 14 bolt for $250 delivered to my house. 10 bolt 3/4 ton and a semifloat should cost no more than $300 each. They pop up around here regularly.

I don’t know why you are having a hard time finding them. They aren’t rare.

I say blame all the Jeep guys. They have to replace those crappy axles with ours.

Some locally on craigslist. $250

Have you checked Facebook Marketplace? Wife just did and she found some in Texas and more near us.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
WOW

The fact that you even found some 8 lug axles is shocking to me.

I have searched high and low in the Dallas Ft Worth area for 8 lug axles.
I found a guy near the Oklahoma border who has a bunch of square body trucks and he quoted me 1000 each for axles and I had to pull them.

I found a lady in North Dakota that has a old 8 lug chevy truck that was priced pretty good but its a bit of a drive.

Have searched high and low on Ebay and various other web sites and cannot even find 8 lug axles.

Seems if someone even has them for sale and already pulled I think I might have even considered that.

Btw if someone knows where to get some 8 lug axles for less please feel free to let me know.
Have flatbed and dont mind driving and or even pulling them.

The ad probably got deleted because someone bought them.

It was not my axles. And honestly I dont think I would take 2500 for the set that I have, Hell if you put 4000 in my hand where the hell would I even find another set.

What are you all thinking a set of 8 lug axles pulled and ready to load should cost?

Yeah, I would say TX to ND is more than a "bit of a drive" lol Illinois, especially southern IL and MO have plenty.

For a 14bolt full floater around $200 is good. Dana 44 or 10 bolt front, $50-$100. I find sets all day for $2-300. If you're looking for a Dana 60 SRW front those are $1200+, about $500 for the DRW D60 fronts. If you have the skills a rear out of a newer truck works well. You'll have to cut the spring perches off and weld on new ones for your truck but they have factory disc brakes, drum under hat e-brake, and use the same gears and lockers as far back as 14 bolts go, and have bigger bearings. Click the Suburban link in my sig and on page 3 I have an axle out of a 2002 2500HD that I modified, blasted and painted. I'm still working on it, going on 3 months now, lol.

buddy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Truck Year
1973 k20
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
200 to 300 for sets “All day long”,
Lol
I always hear people say this.

Where?

In the Dallas area I just don’t see that being the case.

occasionaly I’ll see a 6 lug front axle for 3 or 400 but those seem to go pretty quick.

I’ve checked Facebook market place, offer up, 5 mile, and am embarrassed to say but I’ve even make my rounds on CL.

nothing

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They aren't nearly as common anymore, but when they show up around here in Ohio, it's around $500 for a matched pair of 3/4 ton axles.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
200 to 300 for sets “All day long”,
Lol
I always hear people say this.

Where?

In the Dallas area I just don’t see that being the case.

occasionaly I’ll see a 6 lug front axle for 3 or 400 but those seem to go pretty quick.

I’ve checked Facebook market place, offer up, 5 mile, and am embarrassed to say but I’ve even make my rounds on CL.

nothing

$275 for a pair. Look harder next time.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/254209612119

buddy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Truck Year
1973 k20
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
The listing is local pick up only.

Ok
So it’s about 900 miles away from Dallas and only about 1800 miles round trip.

3 days away from work 600 bucks.

250 spent in diesel.

Sleep in truck.

Then if you can buy them right then and there for 275 Then I suppose once back in Dallas one would have about $1000 dollars into the set.

Guess I’ll keep an eye out for those good deals that are nearly 1000 miles away.

Good find bro

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
The trick is to pick up a few sets, bring them back to Dallas and sell them for $1k a pop. That way someone else pays for your trip.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
The listing is local pick up only.

Ok
So it’s about 900 miles away from Dallas and only about 1800 miles round trip.

3 days away from work 600 bucks.

250 spent in diesel.

Sleep in truck.

Then if you can buy them right then and there for 275 Then I suppose once back in Dallas one would have about $1000 dollars into the set.

Guess I’ll keep an eye out for those good deals that are nearly 1000 miles away.

Good find bro

Just ask if they will ship. I did it for a set of wheels and tires that said pickup only. You were excited over a $2,500 set. You should be ecstatic for a $1,000 set.

I bet @Vbb199 could find a good cheap set around him and help you set up shipping.

buddy350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Truck Year
1973 k20
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Tried contacting the seller on ebay and nothing.

Not even sure the ad is real ad.

I will buy the axles and see about shipping but no response from seller.

Not even sure I want to do business if the person will not even respond to my questions.

Just wanted to put that out here in case someone on here is wanting to deal with that seller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK