So it was worse than anticipated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Looks like wires under the dash also melted. I am NOT a TBI guy. It will not even come on, Inside the cab. So I am going to need help. Sorry, and thanks.

If I had $ I would ditch it all for a carb.

Pics to come.

So God help you if you say search! LOL, I have yet to sleep. I have searched for over 12 straight hours( it's been raining, so no little dogs to annoy me). Just stress to keep me awake.

That's why I haven't annoyed you with my presence since yesterday.

I need to hear my ******* truck RUN!

I will get the pics of everything burnt, and what an idiot friend did. I know you need that to help me. I am not dumb. The top was more rant.

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Get well then we will fix the truck. Trying to fix the truck while recovering yourself only makes your recovery take longer and you run the risk of hurting yourself... I have a friend that tried to work on his car instead of recovering as ordered and he has nothing but problems.

Last edited:

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Just can not click the like button and any post that mentions burnt wiring, sorry.
I understand. LOL

Think about how I feel. I can't even go out and look. I just relayed what I was told.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
wait what did I miss?

I cant find the original post where my fusible link caught fire. But that happened when my wife was moving it around to prevent flat spots in my big tires.

Apparently much worse than that.

Then an idiot I know said he could fix it(against my better judgement I agreed). It was just a fusible link right? Hell no. Now I dont know which of the two to blame.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I cant find the original post where my fusible link caught fire. But that happened when my wife was moving it around to prevent flat spots in my big tires.

Apparently much worse than that.

Then an idiot I know said he could fix it(against my better judgement I agreed). It was just a fusible link right? Hell no. Now I dont know which of the two to blame.

I found the post.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I found the post.

Well my mind is floating. Did I start a thread, so this can be moved to that one?

If you ever take Gabapentin-

Prepare to not have a memory
Have some bad thoughts
And feel shaky all the time.

But also prepare for it to work.

Pain or the other.

I have chosen pain control for now.
But I am not sure if I can continue much longer with it. The trade is taking a toll.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Get well then we will fix the truck. Trying to fix the truck while recovering yourself only makes your recovery take longer and you run the risk of hurting yourself... I have a friend that tried to work on his car instead of recovering as ordered and he has nothing but problems.

It's more the not knowing what's going on with it that is hard.

Atleast if we all see the pics then we can prepare a plan of attack.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
You are Awesome! Who do I ask to move this?

Sorry for the double post guys.

Probably in plain sight, I am just not in my right mind right now.

a moderator can..hotrod?

It's more the not knowing what's going on with it that is hard.

Atleast if we all see the pics then we can prepare a plan of attack.

kind of.. it will also entice you to go out and work on it.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
a moderator can..hotrod?

kind of.. it will also entice you to go out and work on it.

Hopefully he sees this and can merge them. Again, I apologize.

You are correct. But I am still hunchback limping to the restroom. I dont believe I can even see over my own hood.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Hopefully he sees this and can merge them. Again, I apologize.

You are correct. But I am still hunchback limping to the restroom. I dont believe I can even see over my own hood.

not sure what you had done but two of my friends had vertebrae in their backs fuzed, they still work on cars.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
not sure what you had done but two of my friends had vertebrae in their backs fuzed, they still work on cars.

Three bad discs. Two bad herniated ones. The last one is protruding(over an inch), herniated, and has a lesion. All Crushing my sciatic nerve. Guess an inch is alot in your spine.

Two require baby steps to fix(baby as much as surgery is concerned), last one is a open discectomy.

Suppose to be baby micro discectomy, but the surgeon finally looked at my MRI CD, and called to Say it was gonna be an open discectomy. I said okay, please just fix me.

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Three bad discs. Two bad herniated ones. The last one is protruding(over an inch), herniated, and has a lesion. All Crushing my sciatic nerve. Guess an inch is alot in your spine.

Two require baby steps to fix(baby as much as surgery is concerned), last one is a open discectomy.

Suppose to be baby microdiscectomy, but the surgeon finally looked at my MRI CD, and called to Say it was gonna be an open discectomy. I said okay, please just fix me.

did you look at other options before surgery? I have a bulging disc that was pinching a nerve in my lower back and would take away all strength in my legs so I couldnt even stand. I started going to a chiropractor and having it realigned. The only time I have issues with it now is when I strain the muscles in my lower back and they have trouble holding the vertebrae in place with all my fat pushing on them. I now have an inversion table I use to help correct alignment issues so I don't have to go to the dr as often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bennlenl