Smog issues in CA. Edlebrock TBI intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brdjeep

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
On a side note I passed HC at 15mph by one ppm. Max is 112 it measured 111. Slid by...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Passed inspection with the ref today. Got my money back from the first shop. They weren't happy. They still said they were within their right to fail. Sticking to "It is law that the part number must be visible". They flashed the "CALIFORNIA AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR LAWS AND REGULATIONS - 2012 EDITION
State of California Laws and Regulations Pertaining to Automotive Repair Dealers ,Smog Check Stations and Technicians,Official Lamp and
Brake Adjusting Stations and Adjusters" book put out by California Department of Consumer Affairs Bureau of automotive repair. Said it is in here that says we are right, but we are going to give you a refund anyways... They said I will have this problem at any shop as long as I have the Eddy intake installed. Hopefully this wont be true. Either way I have a couple years till the next inspection.

A part deemed by a manufacturer to be a direct OEM replacement does not need an EO number. Part number is moot, they go off of OEM functions, which, in this case, the EGR provision is sufficient...per ARB. That guy needs to go back to Smog tech class.

Exactly. Tech needs to go back to school. If the purpose of the parts meets that function required it should be deemed sufficient. And in this case, that's it a EGR intake and it was. NOW, if you had an Edelbrock EGR valve that might be worth investigating to make sure it's a smog legal part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOD26