76 c10 Ca Smog?....carb/intake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

76n559

Reaction score
First Name
tyrese
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I had my pops truck at shop to get ready for smog. After being there for 2 days I was told modified carb/intake(duuh) 1406 eddy/2101 intake and was told lots of missing parts but wouldn't say what exactly. The only thing that was replaced was the carb/intake. my question is how can that modified bs talk affect smoging if i've seen other c10s with same setup with headers, cam etc and are passing visual and smog

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
How have you been getting it registered before this? If it was an out-of-state vehicle, there's a different set of standards for equipment and emissions. I saw in another post you were thinking about selling it to get a van. If that's the case, I would just advertise it "as is" and let any potential buyers know it won't currently pass smog. You're hosed as far as the carb/intake are concerned. Beyond that, you would have to take it to an Air Resources Board referee to know what else is required. I wouldn't trust an independent shop to know what's what because there were so many variations on equipment.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When we did emissions in our area [washington]a little book was available that showed all the oem equipment. Vehicles varied quite a bit even within the same year and model. California might have the same thing.

EPA was very stringent and didn't allow anything to be missing/modified even if the vehicle passed a tail pipe test. Assume California is worse.

Given that, it might be expensive or nearly impossible to bring back to stock configuration. Correct parts are going to be an issue.

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Look at the emissions sticker. What is on the sticker that isn't on the truck anymore? Edelbrock makes intakes and carbs that have CARB exemption stickers. Just having an aftermarket part doesn't mean it's illegal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota