Side window defrost add?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Are you sure moisture isn’t leaking into your truck somehow?

If not, I’d check the function of your blower and other hvac components.

My town averages over 47” of rain a year and like most others have mentioned, I can’t complain with the performance of the defrost. That’s why I ask if perhaps moisture is getting in...

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
They appear to. Think I may need to go do some measuring at the junk yards

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Please think long and hard about that dash if your thinking about using it. That radio sucks. And it's not a standard width "din". I had to put the radio in one of the vents. Loved the truck but I can't tell you how pissed off I was when I figured out I couldnt put an aftermarket radio where it belongs.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
My windshield defogs/defrosts fairly quickly. I have no concerns with that. My side windows tho get horribly clouded with fog. I have to crack the windows to keep some degree of clearity. Rainy nights get sketchy trying to use my side mirrors.

RainX anti-fog on the inside. If you’re really ambitious you could do it scuba style and just spit all over the windows.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
RainX anti-fog on the inside. If you’re really ambitious you could do it scuba style and just spit all over the windows.

You beat me to it. The only time I have an issue with the side windows fogging is when it's snowing and I'm climbing in the cab soaking wet. Then I crack the vent window, the drivers window and the back glass just a little and run the defrost on high. That usually keeps up with it.

And that spitting in the mask thing is gross. It will eventually start to make the mask moldy. We use anti-fog for SCUBA masks now too.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You beat me to it. The only time I have an issue with the side windows fogging is when it's snowing and I'm climbing in the cab soaking wet. Then I crack the vent window, the drivers window and the back glass just a little and run the defrost on high. That usually keeps up with it.

And that spitting in the mask thing is gross. It will eventually start to make the mask moldy. We use anti-fog for SCUBA masks now too.

It's hard to dive when you're trying not to throw up thinking about what you did to your mask I suppose. I'm putting anti-fog down for the win!

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Agreed.

A friend has a theory he calls "Related Slime" which is that someone else's kid threw up on you you'd lose your marbles, but if your own kid does it you just clean it off and go about your business.

While he's right in that regard, I'm sticking with the stop fog for my SCUBA masks, thanks.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
Are you sure moisture isn’t leaking into your truck somehow?

If not, I’d check the function of your blower and other hvac components.

My town averages over 47” of rain a year and like most others have mentioned, I can’t complain with the performance of the defrost. That’s why I ask if perhaps moisture is getting in...
That's a very good possibility. Ive been trying to chase down why my passenger floor is always wet.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
That's a very good possibility. Ive been trying to chase down why my passenger floor is always wet.

Heater core will do that. Which would make your fog issue worse, so it’s possible. Have you checked your coolant level lately?

You should take care of it very soon if that’s something that’s wrong, otherwise it’ll ruin your floor

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
No coolant leaks. It's not running down from the firewall that I can see. Its almost like it's coming from under the seat

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
No coolant leaks. It's not running down from the firewall that I can see. Its almost like it's coming from under the seat

My rear window leaks and gets the carpet wet. It’s something to look into I guess.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

Also check all the sealant under the cowl and your window rubber...

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
What sealant under the cowl? the channel in front of the windshield where the HVAC pulls it air?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
What sealant under the cowl? the channel in front of the windshield where the HVAC pulls it air?

Yeah from what I’ve read it’s an area that’s susceptible to leaks. I’m resealing mine as a preventative measure.

usar17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1985/87
Truck Model
K20 Silverado
Engine Size
TBI350/700r4/NP208
It rained all night and most of this morning here. I just went through the cab and can't find anywhere wet except for the flat side of the floor pan passenger side. That is almost always damp though because that soundproofing mat holds the moisture.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54