Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Right. Commonly referred to as a 3500. Not the 3.5 Shortstar.
Ever see or hear what happens when you put 12 gallons of kerosene inside a 3.5 shortstar?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ever see or hear what happens when you put 12 gallons of kerosene inside a 3.5 shortstar?

Other than you saying it cleaned it well, nope. I've replaced one once. I've replaced a few sets of water crossover gaskets and replaced a handful of water pumps, but that's my only experience with them as far as I remember.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Other than you saying it cleaned it well, nope. I've replaced one once. I've replaced a few sets of water crossover gaskets and replaced a handful of water pumps, but that's my only experience with them as far as I remember.
well the moral of the story was supposed to be it cleaned a lot of crap out, but it had some serious valve seal seepage as the cylinders filled with kerosene and it was a huge ass mess to drain(didnt think of 12 gallons of pressure coming out one hole that you have to wrench out near it)
and ultimately only doing clouds of smoke for 10 minutes.and making me reek of kerosene for a while

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
2002 Toyota RAV4. 4 cylinder. Can’t get out of its own way, but it was free. It belonged to my wife’s grandmother, and when she passed no one in the family wanted or needed it. So they gave it to me, even bought the tag. It had new tires, and all I’ve had to do besides oil changes and tire rotation is one park light bulb and a set of windshield wipers. It replaced my 95 Oldsmobile, which had less miles but so many problems. Heat barely worked, ac didn’t work. May or may not start at times. This one, the heater will run you out. Ac works great, and has been dead nuts reliable.

My wife drives a 2012 Camry se. and then my 78 rounds out the stable. Non of them are flashy. They all have scratches. But they all have good tires, and we don’t owe a dime on any of them. Nice vehicles are fun to have, but there’s freedom in not worrying about scratches, or payments, or high taxes and insurance.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Sheesh, I need to step up and get another vehicle
I once had 2 suburbans, a s10, and the Honda passport, and several other vehicles that could have ran with minor work.

Now it's just 1 suburban, and a Chevy equinox

S10 has become a mud truck that could be street able if I get suitable street tires and slide the trans back in after I rebuilt it, and the Honda passport works perfectly fine except the little drip drop of transmission fluid at the torque converter after I rebuilt the transmission.

Transmission worked phenomenal, but kept dripping a little here and there at the TC.

That was the one area I SHOULD have replaced, but didn't, because the transmission didn't get blown up thus sending particles into the TC, it just needed an overhaul, was tired.

I should get back to that, then I could drive it to save a little on gas.

This ******' 14 mpg highway (who knows town) on 93 pump gas is killin' my Bottom line in that suburban
Not to mention, I like the noise it makes when I downshift manually and let it wind way up and climb 10-20 mph staying in 2nd or 3rd.

Coming maybe after Christmas, I'm gonna be on the search for another squarebody that can be daily driven.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
2016 Chevy SS Sedan (Holden Commodore VF) most days.
2003 Lexus LX 470 (Toyota Land Cruiser) if the weather really is bad.
2014 BMW S1000R when the weather is really good.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Sheesh, I need to step up and get another vehicle
I once had 2 suburbans, a s10, and the Honda passport, and several other vehicles that could have ran with minor work.

Now it's just 1 suburban, and a Chevy equinox

S10 has become a mud truck that could be street able if I get suitable street tires and slide the trans back in after I rebuilt it, and the Honda passport works perfectly fine except the little drip drop of transmission fluid at the torque converter after I rebuilt the transmission.

Transmission worked phenomenal, but kept dripping a little here and there at the TC.

That was the one area I SHOULD have replaced, but didn't, because the transmission didn't get blown up thus sending particles into the TC, it just needed an overhaul, was tired.

I should get back to that, then I could drive it to save a little on gas.

This ******' 14 mpg highway (who knows town) on 93 pump gas is killin' my Bottom line in that suburban
Not to mention, I like the noise it makes when I downshift manually and let it wind way up and climb 10-20 mph staying in 2nd or 3rd.

Coming maybe after Christmas, I'm gonna be on the search for another squarebody that can be daily driven.
i no longer have any feelings of "thats his problem" or "sucks" to you, vbb, im so sorry.

If you need to talk I am here.

Equinox ownership is a serious epidemic and youre a victim, not the problem.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
i no longer have any feelings of "thats his problem" or "sucks" to you, vbb, im so sorry.

If you're referring to the 2010 and newer motors with ****** piston rings, or the earlier 3.4L with timing chain bs, sure.

Hers is a 2009 with the 3.2L motor.

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size

I don't know if I fully agree. He can be both a victim and part of the problem. By buying one he is telling GM this is what the people want, make more cars like this. And then we get a slightly larger one and they desecrate the blazer nameplate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969