What is your daily if not square body?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgy83

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
would love to see everyone’s interesting daily drivers. Here is my wife and my daily.

You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
2010 Corolla S 5 speed... driving 80+ miles a day doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a car that will get 30k miles a year put on it.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was my wife’s daily for 20 years, and soon it will be mine once I get done with all the maintnance that needs to be caught up on. Second pic is my current daily but it loves gas a lot more than the Impala.

Morgy, like your daily’s, my 99 FRC sits in the garage a lot but I drive it every chance I get when it makes sense to get it out. 88k on the clock now.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Thanks, 207,000 miles and a few bumps and bruises but I love it still. Interior plastics were junk in these cars but don’t affect the way they ride or drive.
unfortunately, from the mid 80's on, it's in everything. damn safety standards made everything uglier as far as the dash, console and door panels. for that matter, less safe unless you actually crash them; off gassing of plastics and all... it would be painstaking, but awesome to convert the interior of something like that to steel and real upholstery materials on the dash and door panels.

my dad's partner had an ss impala from that era. I've loved them ever since.

morgy83

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Very cool. I used to have a frc (so to speak too). Love the design, hated the leaking around the a pillars
It was my wife’s daily for 20 years, and soon it will be mine once I get done with all the maintnance that needs to be caught up on. Second pic is my current daily but it loves gas a lot more than the Impala.

Morgy, like your daily’s, my 99 FRC sits in the garage a lot but I drive it every chance I get when it makes sense to get it out. 88k on the clock now.

You must be registered for see images

morgy83

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
And no idea how I also added pic of my dog playing, not do I know how to take it off. I am a Rookie here after all

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
my daily...

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Sold my daily drivers and either drive the trip vehicle, the fun project, work truck if need to pick up heavy things or wife's daily. You can guess which one is for the wife.

morgy83

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Vette wheels look good on the trans am!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Very cool. I used to have a frc (so to speak too). Love the design, hated the leaking around the a pillars

WTF is that?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
2010 Corolla S 5 speed... driving 80+ miles a day doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a car that will get 30k miles a year put on it.
I had an 08 Corolla 5 speed shifter car for a couple years. Loved the mpg. 34mpg hwy driving the way I drive and running AC, I was fine with. If I set the cruise and did the speed limit without AC and no wind or the wind behind me it got 42.5mpg. 30 was pretty much avg for around town.

Now I did this Kia ricer that I semi sorta inherited from my 2nd cousin who let it sit for about 7 years and the family was going to call Charlie the junkman to haul it off, so when I went to see my Aunt in Cali for the last time since her cancer progressed, I got it running and drove it back to OKC and been driving it ever since getting about 28mpg avg city/hwy. Everything works including the AC I just wished it was a shifter car but it runs great and saves me a **** ton on gas and I get to go places I'd normally not go if I had to drive my squares. Bad part is though, since I don't drive the squares much, that means outta sight, outta mind and they get neglected and don't get worked on. Hoping that changes this Spring/Summer though.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
'94 Accord wagon. Actually bought it so my old dog could use a ramp to get in and out but I calculated the fuel savings of driving this instead of the Suburban and at 30K miles it had paid for itself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8