Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I don't know if I fully agree. He can be both a victim and part of the problem. By buying one he is telling GM this is what the people want, make more cars like this. And then we get a slightly larger one and they desecrate the blazer nameplate.
I accept this logic.

BURN HIM

love you vbb

I dont like crossovers, you will never see me buy one for personal use past parts for maybe a family MAYBE.

Sedans fit the moving people job, suv fit the people/cargo, trucks fit the work/cargo.
And wagons fit the less common numerous people moving frequently job
THIS DOESNT HAVE TO BE HARD

LateOnTheBrakes

5.3-Swapped 86 CUCV
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Unfortunately, crossovers have won the popularity contest. GM, chrysler, and Ford have killed off all their sedans. If you squint really hard the crossover isn't essentially a bloated station wagon with slightly better ground clearance.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Sedans fit the moving people job, suv fit the people/cargo, trucks fit the work/cargo.
And wagons fit the less common numerous people moving frequently job
THIS DOESNT HAVE TO BE HARD

I’m so surprised that the auto mfgs don’t just shut down all their Consumer R&D departmentS and just consult you.
It’s not that hard....
If the whole world made only square body trucks, blazers, suburbans and Caprice Estate Wagons, apparently that would be the best scenario for everyone....

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Its my wife's car.... I don't own a damn thing under 4 liters in displacement

Every engine I've had was 4.3, 5.3, (whatever 383 is), 5.7, 6.2, or the 8.2

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I’m so surprised that the auto mfgs don’t just shut down all their Consumer R&D departmentS and just consult you.
It’s not that hard....
If the whole world made only square body trucks, blazers, suburbans and Caprice Estate Wagons, apparently that would be the best scenario for everyone....
Seriously, you can screw off. Im trying to have joking fun with vbb and you just go and make it serious. Like literally, just ******* stop. IF you dont like what I have to say, politely ignore it or verbalize it to yourself. Especially when the thing youre taking seriously is banter about crossovers. I obviously understand people want them(Not as much as they would have you think, automotive media is the root of that, just like the death of luxury cars) but i also understand that its not inherently wrong to like them. Its a joke. Not a dick.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Its my wife's car.... I don't own a damn thing under 4 liters in displacement

Every engine I've had was 4.3, 5.3, (whatever 383 is), 5.7, 6.2, or the 8.2
you also took it too seriously, vbb, i obviously understand you wouldnt be caught dead driving an equinox. chilllll...

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Seriously, you can screw off. Im trying to have joking fun with vbb and you just go and make it serious. Like literally, just ******* stop. IF you dont like what I have to say, politely ignore it or verbalize it to yourself. Especially when the thing youre taking seriously is banter about crossovers. I obviously understand people want them(Not as much as they would have you think, automotive media is the root of that, just like the death of luxury cars) but i also understand that its not inherently wrong to like them. Its a joke. Not a dick.
The Pacific Northwest is notorious for eliminating your sense of humor. I figure it's a combination of rain and liberalism but I don't know.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It’s not that hard....

Most crossovers are a jack of all trades, but masters of none. The people who prefer actual sedans, actual station wagons and actual truck wagons (aka SUV's) are getting screwed these days. Many people buy crossovers not because it's the best thing that suites their needs, but because it's a trendy 'me too' vehicle.

I get that because they are trendy, they sell. And if they sell, that's what the manufacturers are going to spend their time on. But it doesn't make it any less frustrating, lol.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
you also took it too seriously, vbb, i obviously understand you wouldnt be caught dead driving an equinox. chilllll...

Lol no worries

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Our 1995 Suburban is our newest vehicle.
The 1979 Square gets driven by the boy where ever he needs to go.
The 1973 VW Beetle is my daily driver when I need to go into the office 15 miles away.
The 1955 and 1954 Bel Airs are projects thus far.

You must be registered for see images attach

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Most crossovers are a jack of all trades, but masters of none. The people who prefer actual sedans, actual station wagons and actual truck wagons (aka SUV's) are getting screwed these days. Many people buy crossovers not because it's the best thing that suites their needs, but because it's a trendy 'me too' vehicle.

I get that because they are trendy, they sell. And if they sell, that's what the manufacturers are going to spend their time on. But it doesn't make it any less frustrating, lol.
exactly how i was gonna word it on the masters of none. Like lateonthebrakes said, yeah more clearance... but you cant usually go offroad in any meangingful way.. so you raise off the ground, lower your potential for suspension travel, heighten center of gravity,... for not much.

Then the cargo.. most, not all, crossovers really actually suck in the cargo realm. because they are typically shhorter, there is only so much cargo space to be had on a well insulated cube thats short, AND seat 5+. There are exceptions on this specific, but its not like it even compares to the navigator or expedition for example. Suburban, etc.

Usually anemic for fuel economy. Harsh riding, loud, awd false sense of security, etc.

vs my ***** wagon of a car Is fast(for 1999, for a 207 inch long car, that rides like a dream), fits 5 super comfortably, and has a lot of trunk space(note the designation as trunk not cargo). Its not gonna tow very great, but wouldnt suck. But a crossover of comparable weight probably could do it better. But its also not trying to do that. The things it tries to do as a sedan it does very well. And square bodies, of course, we all love our squares. they do the job of trucks, suvs, whatever a blazer is technically(road worthy dune buggy?), project base, work truck, sleeper style, etc. And most of that was not even intended as its job.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Our 1995 Suburban is our newest vehicle.
The 1979 Square gets driven by the boy where ever he needs to go.
The 1973 VW Beetle is my daily driver when I need to go into the office 15 miles away.
The 1955 and 1954 Bel Airs are projects thus far.

thats a nice suburban. i like the blue and its CLEAN

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
thats a nice suburban. i like the blue and its CLEAN
This was just after I put new wheels and tires on it last year.
It has been a great family driver for the last 17 years now.
The 10 MPG is getting old and I am tired of the upkeep on it as well.

It may get replaced in the coming year with a Toyota Sequoia.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
new one or just newer?
This was just after I put new wheels and tires on it last year.
It has been a great family driver for the last 17 years now.
The 10 MPG is getting old and I am tired of the upkeep on it as well.

It may get replaced in the coming year with a Toyota Sequoia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell