Show your daily driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GXPWeasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
1982 | 2015
Truck Model
Sierra C15 | Silverado Z71
Engine Size
5.0 | 5.3
Here is my current Daily Driver. 2015 Silverado, 1500 Z71 LTZ. It has the 5.3L, with custom exhaust, levelled suspension, 33" tires, programmed, DOD deleted, and K&N. It does pretty good for the mixed 30 miles I drive a day now (used to be double that). It has to double as the family hauler a lot, as well as the Camper puller, and boat puller. It is very versatile. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
Here is my current Daily Driver. 2015 Silverado, 1500 Z71 LTZ. It has the 5.3L, with custom exhaust, levelled suspension, 33" tires, programmed, DOD deleted, and K&N. It does pretty good for the mixed 30 miles I drive a day now (used to be double that). It has to double as the family hauler a lot, as well as the Camper puller, and boat puller. It is very versatile. :)

i much prefer that body style over the new copy cat looking rebadged toyotas that GM is putting out.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I would classify two as dailies:

My ‘90 Olds really gets taken to the cleaners. I take it to work, and I usually put about 120 miles a day, which I’m sitting at just over 209K. It’s a 3.1/440-T4. I’m about six years pre-Dex, and the intake gasket design is supposed to be better one. Either way, no coolant/oil mixing at this time. The only common issue I’ve come across is the oil pump drive seal that gets brittle and leaks oil, but it’s an easy fix. The trick is to disconnect the fuel lines and remove the TB; you don’t have to remove the upper plenum.

If I’m wanting a squishy ride for a long trip, I go to my 288K mile ‘86 Caprice w/the tried and true 305/700R4. It was my go-to for everything up to the start of summer, but my rear and front ends need full rebuilds soon, and the “mostly peaceful protests” and “Summer of Love” had me preferring to use the other one as a plow if that ever became necessary in the city, not that I wanted to. I sweated, bled, and cursed too much over this one to put it through that hell. Luckily, everything down here has been pretty tame, but I’m waiting for the inevitable New Orleans Police faux pas and then the election before I can assess whether or not I’m okay. The old gal is a solid city driver, though.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

My ‘90 Olds really gets taken to the cleaners. I take it to work, and I usually put about 120 miles a day, which I’m sitting at just over 209K. It’s a 3.1/440-T4. I’m about six years pre-Dex, and the intake gasket design is supposed to be better one. Either way, no coolant/oil mixing at this time. The only common issue I’ve come across is the oil pump drive seal that gets brittle and leaks oil, but it’s an easy fix. The trick is to disconnect the fuel lines and remove the TB; you don’t have to remove the upper plenum.

If I’m wanting a squishy ride for a long trip, I go to my 288K mile ‘86 Caprice w/the tried and true 305/700R4. It was my go-to for everything up to the start of summer, but my rear and front ends need full rebuilds soon, and the “mostly peaceful protests” and “Summer of Love” had me preferring to use the other one as a plow if that ever became necessary in the city, not that I wanted to. I sweated, bled, and cursed too much over this one to put it through that hell. Luckily, everything down here has been pretty tame, but I’m waiting for the inevitable New Orleans Police faux pas and then the election before I can assess whether or not I’m okay. The old gal is a solid city driver, though.
before i finally put the axe to my old girl, is there any 1990 olds stuff you may need that my 1990 olds 88 has? interior parts sometimes, small gadgets, etc

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
This was just after I put new wheels and tires on it last year.
It has been a great family driver for the last 17 years now.
The 10 MPG is getting old and I am tired of the upkeep on it as well.

It may get replaced in the coming year with a Toyota Sequoia.

How in the hell are you getting 10mpg in that?

Is it a big block truck?

Edit, I see 5 lug and 1500, so I assume sbc then

Wwweeeiiirrrddd, must be referring to town driving

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350

Is it a big block truck?

Wwweeeiiirrrddd
Evidently you have not noticed his seats are in the back of his squares bed.

Hes lead footed so much he literally puts the sests back, and then a lot, and then some.
i would be getting 8mpg like my park avenue when i boost everywhere

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Like that caprice!!!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Seriously, you can screw off. Im trying to have joking fun with vbb and you just go and make it serious. Like literally, just ******* stop. IF you dont like what I have to say, politely ignore it or verbalize it to yourself. Especially when the thing youre taking seriously is banter about crossovers. I obviously understand people want them(Not as much as they would have you think, automotive media is the root of that, just like the death of luxury cars) but i also understand that its not inherently wrong to like them. Its a joke. Not a dick.

Easy there...don't blow a gasket! Who said I was being serious? Guess I should include more emojis. Hell, I agree with you. My crossover is a Dodge Mega Cab!
Let me put your mind at ease. I don't post anything "serious" on the internet. It's the internet for god sakes....

Too early for cabin fever....go get some fresh air. Walleye and Northern fishin should be really starting to pick up with the fall weather now!

WamboJambo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The square is my true daily driver, but when it's sunny (and I'm feeling slightly better fuel economy) the Miata gets to stretch its legs.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
The square is my true daily driver, but when it's sunny (and I'm feeling slightly better fuel economy) the Miata gets to stretch its legs.

Hey I've seen that truck somewhere before!

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size

Is it a big block truck?

Wwweeeiiirrrddd, must be referring to town driving

It lives mostly in town.
My wife drove it most of the time as her car.
Then I took it over as the bug was in process of getting a different engine.
I drove it the 13 miles to and from the office for a year or so.
Still got 10 MPG doing that, the freeways just don't move that fast between here and work.
It has 222,250 showing on the odometer now.
It has just never gotten anything better than 10-12 MPG.
Even after tuneups or trips to the mechanic for a fix I didn't have time to take care of.

But, like my truck.
I did not buy it for miles per gallon, I bought it for safety for the family.
It has done battle for us for a long time and done it well.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
It lives mostly in town.
My wife drove it most of the time as her car.
Then I took it over as the bug was in process of getting a different engine.
I drove it the 13 miles to and from the office for a year or so.
Still got 10 MPG doing that, the freeways just don't move that fast between here and work.
It has 222,250 showing on the odometer now.
It has just never gotten anything better than 10-12 MPG.
Even after tuneups or trips to the mechanic for a fix I didn't have time to take care of.

But, like my truck.
I did not buy it for miles per gallon, I bought it for safety for the family.
It has done battle for us for a long time and done it well.
And still looks good!!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Easy there...don't blow a gasket! Who said I was being serious? Guess I should include more emojis. Hell, I agree with you. My crossover is a Dodge Mega Cab!
Let me put your mind at ease. I don't post anything "serious" on the internet. It's the internet for god sakes....

Too early for cabin fever....go get some fresh air. Walleye and Northern fishin should be really starting to pick up with the fall weather now!

I thought you were serious too. Lol, you are a hard fella to judge in text I guess. Damn internet :rofl:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
before i finally put the axe to my old girl, is there any 1990 olds stuff you may need that my 1990 olds 88 has? interior parts sometimes, small gadgets, etc

Hmm, that’s a good question. I wish I knew what all they share. Yours talks to you or no? They both should have the same transmission, but that’s too big. That one’s a 3.8, right? What color is the interior?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify