Sem Tintable Bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Has anyone ever used Sem tintable bedliner kits. I want to use them but trying to see which one to buy , they one called
rock it liner kit 42260 and the other is called truckbed liner kit 39650. I cant se whats the big difference other than price

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Has anyone ever used Sem tintable bedliner kits. I want to use them but trying to see which one to buy , they one called
rock it liner kit 42260 and the other is called truckbed liner kit 39650. I cant se whats the big difference other than price

Looking at this also. Any luck with it?

Edit....

I just got off the phone with Zach @ SEM and he mentioned that its a pretty easy process to mix the color. I then called my local guy at KOI paints and he is mixing up the material.
$232 for the #39650
$30-40 for the matching color
$25-50 for a One time use gun.
Labor, supplied by my neighbors kid (he wants some Xbox game) and myself.

Ill have pics on my build thread when I start.

Last edited:

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I was really looking for any information so I could make a decision, Thanks for the help I will be looking for your pics

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
monstaliner magnet paint makes it

http://www.monstaliner.com/

good stuff I used it as a under coat on my crew cab. its a roll on bed liner but I sprayed it with a 30 dollar under coat gun I bought of ebay.

easy to use and a good product and you can get it in many colors

Attachments

• 0525121422.jpg
    0525121422.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 152
  • b bird 3.jpg
    b bird 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 130
  • b bird2.jpg
    b bird2.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 153
  • b%20bird4.jpg
    b%20bird4.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 140

Goetso

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 2500
Engine Size
I was a paint rep for a Carquest store about 10 yrs ago and I remember our local Chevy stealership used this bed liner quite often. It seemed to be ok but I distinctly remember when I first took the job there was an issue with the Sem tintible bed liner. Turns out a customer bought a new Chevy truck and had them spray the liner in. It was a tan (sandstone) color and they did the appropriate tint to match the body. They used a PPG basecoat to tint and then the unthinkable happened.

The bed liner never activated! It remained soft and gooey even after 2 weeks sitting in the sun. So they call us up and of course I had to check it out. After finally accepting the fact it wasn't going to harden, I was told to remove the coating any way possible.

I used putty knives, razor blades, wire wheels, lacquer thinner, 36gr. feather pads, anything I could think of. It was a terrible way to start a new job. I think I was at it for about 2 days and finally ended up just spraying over the remainder bed liner that couldn't be removed.

I think that was just a fluke deal but you never forget something like that. I would have to say watch dates of activators and mix well!

Edhard_Stark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm late to this party, but I used "Raptor" bedliner for when I painted my whole truck. It came with a spray gun and I used an air compressor to coat the whole truck. I mixed black gloss paint with it, and it came out a nice semi gloss finish(the bedliner was a white-ish color in raw form). I liked it a lot, and it have it a much "nicer" appearance than just a flat black faded look.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
How did the rotor do durability wise?

Latest posts

Forum statistics